Gun Suggestions for the Wife?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife loves her Bersa Thunder UC 9mm Pro. Minimal recoil, built like a tank, 14 round capacity, fits her small hands, cheap, accurate at pistol ranges.
I like it too but that's besides the point.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am fairly new to the world of handguns and I just purchased my first semi-auto SA XD9 sub-compact. I took my wife to the range last night to shoot my new gun and we had a great time. She thought the 9mm was a bit much for her. Any suggestions? What do your wives carry?

Thanks in advance for the responses....

:anyone:

Have you tried the search function? This topic has been asked at least 100 times in the past 6 months.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What every you do, don't pick out a gun for your wife!
Don't even make suggestions!

Let her pick it out and say yes that looks good, or
It matches your eyes, Or
that makes you look thin. Thats a good one!!!

There is a womans self defense seminar called "Tufferware Party" going to be held at the Red Castle indoor range on the 29th of March.
It is free so tell her you got her 2 tickets and she can take a girlfriend and pick up the tickets at the door when she gets there.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When mine got the bug she did her own research. Sent me a short list of 380... Walther PPK was among them.

We went looking and found most of the list locally... she checke em out and pondered a while. Found a nice PPK in a estate sale for a good price (I'd keep it if she didnt)... she shot a class with it and liked it. But like all new little autos it needed a break in--- she shot it well but found it very hard to clear and like most PPK's do...she got a little slide bite from this gun.

She ended up with a Kimber 3 inch 1911 in 9mm. For a woman who's fired less than 1000 round of centerfire ammo from a defensive class handgun she's doing very well.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bersa makes a really nice pistol called the BP9cc. It is nice and compact and shoots great.

BP9DTCC.jpg

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got a barretta bobcat 22lr for my wife. She's planning to get ccw. I know 22lr is not preferred defense weapon but it has flip up barrel for chambering first round sincshe has tough time with slide and didn't want revolver and she's new to shooting so liked the no recoil of 22lr. Better to have small rounds she likes to shoot and gets to know than try to defend herself with a gun she doesnt like to shoot and get to know because of the recoil or size imo. That's just what worked best for her and our decision though most on here would recommend no 22lr i say better a small rou d she'll shoot and carry than a big one she won't shoot or leaves at home.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Btw i purchased my first a year ago and it too was a sa xdsc 9mm i love it. My wife enjoys it too but wanted something pocket size for her. She liked the look and size of the lcp but the small size made the. 380 have a bit too much punch for her taste

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love when a husband and wife come in to buy a gun for her and the husband starts out with "Lets look at a revolver first, I don't think she's smart enough to work a semi auto."

Latest posts

Top Bottom