Gunsmith Classes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody have any first hand experience with the NRA endorsed Gunsmith classes offered @ Tishamingo's Murray State? Or any others offered in the state

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the lathe class several years ago. I was good. It was worth the money. It helped when Conoco refunded 80% of the cost to me. I'd like to go back and take the mill class. Their 2 year course and the Trinidad ,Co. school's course are supposed to be the best two in the country.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I gathered from a student while I was there is that it's not a 2 year course. It's a 4 year course crammed into 2 years. It not a 8 to 5 class day. It may be a 7am to 9 pm class day. It could be different each day. Anyone taking it better be committed to learning and little time for anything else.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A close friend has taken the AR builders summer course and we're trying to get together to take the summer 1911 course. He really liked the AR course and came home with a lot of top notch goodies for free from Brownells.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traxxis said:
Is there a particular reason you want the "NRA Endorsed" classes?

We will be setting up a 1911 "Build Your Own" class soon if you're interested.

No reason, I would be interested depending on if i can get free from work. And of course price. Where would class be?

A

Ak47saiga

on this topic, im interested in the 1911 class i know that this school "canadian valley" a vocational school teaches gunsmithing and reloading. i really want to just learn how to reload, and build ak parts kits to a gun as well as maybe learn how to build ar's from scratch. ak's are easy. plus all the small maintenance stuff but. man.....i seen a guy on several occasions who have built there own 9MM ak rifle and i am seriously digging it, i want to make my own so bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom