Murray State College NRA Summer Gunsmithing Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You bring your own guns to work on or to build.

The basic gunsmithing class covers the complete teardown and reassembly of a S&W DA revolver, a 1911, a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500, and a Glock.

The rifle rebarreling class requires that you bring an old action (barreled is ok--they will help you remove the barrel), and a new barrel.

The custom 1911 class requires that you bring all of the unfinished parts.

There is a lot of freedom in the build classes. The armorer classes are pretty well defined, so there is less freedom to go your own way in them.

Does that answer your question?

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You bring your own guns to work on or to build.

The basic gunsmithing class covers the complete teardown and reassembly of a S&W DA revolver, a 1911, a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500, and a Glock.

The rifle rebarreling class requires that you bring an old action (barreled is ok--they will help you remove the barrel), and a new barrel.

The custom 1911 class requires that you bring all of the unfinished parts.

There is a lot of freedom in the build classes. The armorer classes are pretty well defined, so there is less freedom to go your own way in them.

Does that answer your question?
Yes sir. I have a Shiloh Sharps in an obscure caliber that I would like to rebarrel. I have an idea for a takedown system that would allow you to put several calibers in a fitted case and travel with it. I’d break laws to have access to the machines I took for granted when I was a kid.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir. I have a Shiloh Sharps in an obscure caliber that I would like to rebarrel. I have an idea for a takedown system that would allow you to put several calibers in a fitted case and travel with it. I’d break laws to have access to the machines I took for granted when I was a kid.
You would have access to their machine shop. You would need to show proficiency in order to use it independently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom