Guys with Blackhawk Serpa holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have been reading that a few people ccw with serpa holsters, how do you keep it from printing? I have one for my M&P and it prints like crazy.

Don't wear tight/form fitting shirts.BTW, if it prints a little, so what.This has been discussed at length here and on other gun boards.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used one in a 2 day class windy day,sandy area it got a little grit in the mechanism and wouldn't release the gun. I had to wash it out gun and all with a hose to get the gun out. I'll never use one of those pos holsters again

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a tan light-weight summer concealment vest that comes down even with the opening of my jeans front and hip pockets. I bought it at H&H in OKC a few yrs ago. Glad I bought 2, because the company is no longer in business. It covers any OWB holster without printing.

I've had my Blackhawk Serpa holster for 1 1/2- 2 yrs and never had a instant of trouble with its retention system. I also have a model 82 leather Bianchi carrylok Holster. I've never had any trouble with it either.. although it does have a odd location for the retention release trigger... it is made so the ring finger is suppose to depress the latch as you grip your gun. I still have the habit of using my middle finger... but it releases easy enough that way. The way the Bianchi's retention system is designed, I don't see how it could ever get jammed with dirt or lint.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used one in a 2 day class windy day,sandy area it got a little grit in the mechanism and wouldn't release the gun. I had to wash it out gun and all with a hose to get the gun out. I'll never use one of those pos holsters again

this is why most professionals do not recommend that holster, not to mention the serious safety issues that have arisen through their usage. Try safariland or something different.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only way I could keep mine from printing was when wearing a large canvas dickies coat that i used for those extra cold nights working outside.
I don't use it anymore, I went with iwb leather and haven't looked back.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jmoney said:
this is why most professionals do not recommend that holster, not to mention the serious safety issues that have arisen through their usage. Try safariland or something different.

Elaborate these "serious safety issues" for us please

Latest posts

Top Bottom