H&R handi-rifle in 500S&w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After much drooling and little thought I have taken the plunge....I ordered a handi rifle in 500 smith. Went to the local gun shop and told Butch to order me one. He looked at me funny and asked if I was a glutton for punishment and another guy said I was F'in crazy. I don't think it will be too bad, but we will see. Anyone ever fired one of these guns?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend of mine has one. Kicks harder than it has any right to. I shot it, thought I must not have had a good hold on it, so shot it again. Handed it back to him and told him what he could do with it.

He accused me of being a wimp. He's a big guy and claims to be insensitive to recoil. He proceeded to shoot it twice, said it wasn't bad, but it has been in the back of his safe ever since, and that was three years ago.

All this to say, don't let this little monster build a flinch for you. Extra padding, possibly a friendly reload (for both recoil and cost considerations) would both be advisable.

I suspect it'll kill a hog, but use jacketed flat point rounds rather than hollow point bullets. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom