Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cold and windy today. But I simply had to run a mag through my 92A1. Temp was around 25 and distance to target was 75 feet, standing and unsupported. This may be my favorite pistol, but I do have issues with it. Does anyone else have one of the 92s?

i.imgur.com_KzRucvm.jpg

i.imgur.com_qNbLnUR.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, my target is just a regular piece of paper, but I am standing unsupported from 75 feet. I have never shot this pistol from the bench. Things I like about this handgun are that it is big and beefy, it is the prettiest - yes the prettiest of my collection - it has that Old World Italian look to it. Other things I like; 18 bullets, I consistently get all 18 on the paper at 75 feet while standing unsupported.

I know I need to tighten up my group.

i.imgur.com_pLeaAeN.jpg

Right now I am running cheap ammo. Next batch I get will be the better NATO grade cartridges.

i.imgur.com_WvBo37g.jpg

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always liked the Beretta 92 series of pistols, Currently saving to fund purchase of a Beretta 92G or one of the 92fs Brigadier models, what issues are you having with it?

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always liked the Beretta 92 series of pistols, Currently saving to fund purchase of a Beretta 92G or one of the 92fs Brigadier models, what issues are you having with it?

The issues I am having are related to the breaking in period. The Beretta fanatics will argue there is no break in period. Well, there is. I started out running UMC Luger through it, and had three or four of these...

i.imgur.com_jhPZYoB.jpg

This stopped when I moved up to Winchester white box Luger. I never had another misfeed. But I did have a failure to extract this morning. I thought it was a dud round, but it was a spent casing still in the breech. Did not stovepipe, just failed to extract.

When I have used up these Luger rounds, I am moving up to standard NATO rounds, and plan to complete the break-in period with those.

Now, I have had issues with my Glock, but a heavier recoil spring corrected those.

I hate to say this, but my most reliable semis are both Makarovs.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also like the way it carries in the Kangaroo Air Marshall 3. Its flat profile is easy on the side and I have worn it sometimes 16 hours a day in this configuration. This is the only holster I mean to have for the big semi. I see no mods in the future, as I like it as it is. I like the double action as a safety. But I have misgivings about its reliability at this point. Enough so that I'm going back to the Makarov as my backup.

i.imgur.com_MMin6t1.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of all the beretta's I've never had that many feed problems, that does make it rough to count on for reliability.

The 92s are meant to fire NATO, and I haven't done that yet. I am still shooting the rest of the anemic Luger cartridges through it.

Edit: When I was in the Suck, the M9s I qualified with never did this. And they are 92s, and shooting the more robust NATO rounds. I bought 250 of the UMC Luger, and 250 of the Winchester Luger. I have shot all of the UMC and am down to about 100 of the Winchester. I'll order 250 of the Winchester whitebox NATO stamped pretty soon. We will see how they go. I suspect somewhat better. But we shall see.

Why wait? I went ahead and ordered 500 rounds of WWB NATO just now. And I got $5.60 in Cabellas points. Those little Cabella points are really adding up!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom