HANK is gone (KNAH 99.7)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, that was the introduction of Dave & Dan to local radio. They played "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma" for 24 hours straight to bring in the genre change to the station.

Dave and Dan were the best morning DJs on the air. They were hilarious. Then years later Dave retired and Dan was joined by a female DJ and Bill Reed, the station manager. They were still good.

Then iHeart Radio bought the station and fired ALL the DJs. Dan retired and Bill Reed is the morning DJ on KNAH 99.7.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when KRXO went to sports.
I really miss Charlie Tuna on KOMA 1520.
KRLD in Dallas used to play good music too.
Danny Williams, Mark Shannon

Those were the days my friend.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sad when I tune into the KATT and then flip to a country station and the country station is playing harder "rock" music than the rock station.

But the country station lyrics are usually some cry baby guy telling about his break up.
I hate those lyric infused songs.. grow a pair and quit your crying.
Way, way back, I worked with a guy that was hard core country. One day during a coffee break, I asked him how come country music is all about cheating, pick up trucks, and drinking, it launched him into deep thought which was probably painful, he took a long pull on his cigarette and finally said, "what else is there to sing about?" That launched me into deep thought, but I didn't smoke, so I just sat there looking stupid. I still listen to country music.
But, something I've been watching on youtube lately is Daryl's House, that is a lot of fun.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, that was the introduction of Dave & Dan to local radio. They played "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma" for 24 hours straight to bring in the genre change to the station.

Dave and Dan were the best morning DJs on the air. They were hilarious. Then years later Dave retired and Dan was joined by a female DJ and Bill Reed, the station manager. They were still good.

Then iHeart Radio bought the station and fired ALL the DJs. Dan retired and Bill Reed is the morning DJ on KNAH 99.7.

OMG! I LOATHE that song. One of my sisters had it played at her wedding. I was SO embarrassed. 🙄😒😭😭 My relatives are living proof you can take the people outta the trailer park but you'll never get the trailer park outta the people. 😝

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sad when I tune into the KATT and then flip to a country station and the country station is playing harder "rock" music than the rock station.

But the country station lyrics are usually some cry baby guy telling about his break up.
I hate those lyric infused songs.. grow a pair and quit your crying.
To be fair the KATT hasn’t played legit rock in years…they might as well change their slogan to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Alice and Chains station. Also who doesn’t like a song sung by some middle aged guy about making out all night down some random back road?
IMG_2363.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom