Has anybody tried the metal stuff that

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H is selling to replace the cob and/or walnut media in your tumbler?? Of course, you need a tumbler that is not plastic to use it in but supposedly it lasts forever and will polish your brass in 30 minutes or less.

Thanks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll probably be at H&H tomorrow as I have to go to OKC on the company. I've never heard of this, and am never a sceptic about new stuff. I make my living on new stuff.
Might be there for lunch. Whats good?
I usually vibrate mine overnight, and sometimes forget and have to turn it off the next evening when getting home. Really shiny though:D

I will check out their system though.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll probably be at H&H tomorrow as I have to go to OKC on the company. I've never heard of this, and am never a sceptic about new stuff. I make my living on new stuff.
Might be there for lunch. Whats good?
I usually vibrate mine overnight, and sometimes forget and have to turn it off the next evening when getting home. Really shiny though:D

I will check out their system though.

LOL ... I am the ultimate skeptic ... probably cuz of guys like you! tee hee

Danggit we are already doing lunch with some friends in Yukon, but are going to H&H to shoot after. Should be there around 1 or so then I am off to play around with GlockGirl at the mall and GC is home for his nap ... PM me your phone number if you into a late lunch and we will meet you there just so I can say I have touched the Imam of OSA! :kiss::bighug::heart: I haven't eaten at the 4UCafe in forever ... so I don't know what is going on there now. The tR likes their menu though ... A lot of the FatGuys here in OKC do ...

We do ours like that too. I find the noise from the tumbler strangly soothing ...

ETA: Mods, I just realized I posted this in GD ... Move it to the Ammo Section if it disturbs you! Sorry ... Love you guys lots!! Hugs and Kisses ... BB

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's brass media for use in rotary tumblers. I use it and it's awesome. I tumble my brass wet (water, dishwashing soap and cream of tartar). they come out nice and shiny.
Here's a reference photo I did.
ai386.photobucket.com_albums_oo308_jeffsoward_CIMG1961.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend that tumbling NOT be done inside the house. But if you do, the wet method will go a long way towards alleviating the lead that's in the dust. I don't want to wait on my brass to dry so I'm sticking with the dry media.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend that tumbling NOT be done inside the house. But if you do, the wet method will go a long way towards alleviating the lead that's in the dust. I don't want to wait on my brass to dry so I'm sticking with the dry media.

Ahhhh, dedicated room, door shut ... that's why the sound is soothing and not "OMG shut that thing off". I know it gets in the vents, but your gonna die from something ... :bighug: The brass is looking better and better though ... drying time isn't such a big deal around here. GC washes his rifle brass by hand all the time.

And the noise scares the cats ... (the garage is their domain). Everytime I turn the tumbler on when they are in the house they FREAK! :spitlaugh

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahhhh, dedicated room, door shut ... that's why the sound is soothing and not "OMG shut that thing off".

I like to turn my case vibrator on out in the shed at night. And run a long pole and place one end on the top of the case vibrator and the other against the rain spout next to my neighbor with the noisy dog's bedroom window.

heehee. I wish. It is a thought though.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom