HB2522 passed. I need help figuring out if it was amended

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I have many times been accused by my lovely wife of not being the sharpest knife in the drawer... With that being said, I went to ok.gov site to look at HB2522. It apparently passed today 85-9 and is on for "engrossment"..

Now my question -- When looking at the information provided on the website, how the heck do you determine what floor amendments were introduced, what the content of the amendments were, and if they were approved and added to the bill itself.?

I sure hope this thing with open carry gets through to the Governor at least giving us CCL holders the option.....

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's sister bill SB1733 is on the callender for tommorow, HB2522 is not, so if 1733 is voted on and it passes then both bills will have to go to a conference commitee to reconsile any differences,and thats where/when it will DIE

The bills are not that different, by my assessment, and I don't see any reason to think they will die. The large majority passage today tells me that this bill has a great chance of becoming law, if our lady gov will keep her campaign promise.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's sister bill SB1733 is on the callender for tommorow, HB2522 is not, so if 1733 is voted on and it passes then both bills will have to go to a conference commitee to reconsile any differences,and thats where/when it will DIE

Both houses have a certain time limit to get their own bills passed. They have time later to consider the other chamber's bills. So, there is some urgency to get SB1733 passed, and most House bills will be taken up later. I'm thinking in a week or two. Keep in mind that SB1733 has already passed out of committee, and that HB2522 still has to get into and back out of committee in the Senate. Patience, grasshopper. :-)

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you haven't gotten your answer to the amendments yet, you can actually go on line to the ok house site and view the video for the morning session of March 7 to see and here for yourself. Most of the amendments failed except for allowing shoulder holsters along with belt holsters. http://okhouse.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=424
3 of the 5 amendments passed.

1) allowing shoulder holsters or belt holsters
2) changing the notification from "first contact" to "first opportunity"
3) mailing the initial permit to the address on the application instead of to the sheriff department.

Latest posts

Top Bottom