HELP!! 30/06 black tipped ammo (???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would someone help me place a value on a case of USGI 30/06 ammo??

Details that I can see, 280rds loaded in M1 grand clips still in the card board box black tipped with 1954 head stamp. All is still in the ammo can they came in.

Looking to sale, but need a fair value to place on them. I have had them for a loooongggg time, I have stored in my home.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you checked gunbroker? You could also try the CMP forum. A few years ago the CMP sold a bunch of surplus AP and there was all kinds of information on their forum about the different AP manufacturers and years of production. Some of the AP is corrosive but some is not which might or might make a difference to a buyer.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen it all over the map.

30-06 is not cheap and the black tip seems to bring a premium from some folks.

I'm thinking .75cents to a buck a pop.

dave

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's legit black-tipped, it's AP, which, IIRC, commands a premium price, but I couldn't tell you what it would be--the only stuff I had was given to me. I think I still have a Garand clip of it somewhere...

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cmp sells it about $98 +16 shipping for 240rds (about .50 rd.) ..sometimes they even have older cases of 420rds, but that stuff sold so fast it was hard to get a hold of.

I never could understand 06 ap, guess light armored vehicles back in the day, cause about Any 30-06 round will go through body armor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom