HELP AR-15 Trigger Troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a J&P adjustable trigger group in my AR-15. I am the second owner of the rifle so I am guess that it was insalled by them. The other day I was out popping crows when the rifle let out a full auto burst (Not Good). I first I thought that my gloves were allowing the ultra light trigger to bump fire. So I tried again with no gloves. Same thing happened. So I packed it up and headed home. I noticed that the large (pin was loose and had moved and allowed the hammer to slightly tilt to the left. I pushed in the pin. When I was doing a function check the hammer would still fall when i slightly let off the trigger. So recoil would deffently cause it to fire full auto. So i attempted to adjust the trigger. Now the hammer does not fall unless the trigger is pulled to the rear completly but by doing this the trigger pull is very heavy. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I can not afford to have it replaced so I am looking for a fix to this problem. Otherwise the rifle is out of commision untill I can get the funds together to have it fixed or replaced.
Thanks Guys and Gals,
CHEERS, notasniper

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I have never heard of a J&P trigger goup. I have heard of a J.P. Enterprises trigger group. It would be worth your while to call up J.P. Enterprises...assuming it is a J.P. not a J&P and get the installation DVD from them so you can understand the whole deal.

To my thinking your disconect is the culprit, along with walking pins which is a whole different problem. The fix isn't hard but I don't feel much like typing for a page worth without you really understanding what it is we are talking about. Call John @ 651-426-9196 and ask for the DVD. Tell him that I told you to call, as he is one of my main sponsores.
Kurt Miller

Latest posts

Top Bottom