Help!!! 50 state legal options!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked up New York laws. All handguns have to be permitted. It said it’s like 3 dollars to get each one permitted. Pretty much the only firearm that doesn’t need a permit is non semi auto loading rifle. Yelp.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked up New York laws. All handguns have to be permitted. It said it’s like 3 dollars to get each one permitted. Pretty much the only firearm that doesn’t need a permit is non semi auto loading rifle. Yelp.

That would apply to residents, not someone traveling through or visiting from out of state.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought a 1911 was basically 50 state legal in terms of features and capacity.
The issue is several states require you to be licensed by the state to carry any firearm, and some require you to apply in person.
I have relatives in Massachusetts. For me to carry any firearm there, I must apply online for a license, get an appointment sometime in the next 6 to 8 months in order to meet in person with the approving police department, so I have to travel half way across the country on their schedule to interview to get the license.

Last edited:

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is, but some states like New York don’t allow you to possess a handgun unless your are traveling through without stopping.
New York will also confiscate any firearm they find in the possession of an out of state traveler, even if properly stored and legally transported. They know that most people won’t take the time or spend the money to go back to New York to go to court to file that to get their firearm back.
Travel cost + lodging cost + meals + lawyer = way more than the cost of the gun.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately not legal in many states that have banned pistol grips and capacity. Great choice otherwise!
PC carbine is what you need then, not LC carbine

dont know your budget, but there are some Miroku made Winchester 1892 TD models too in .45 or possibly .357

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PC carbine is what you need then, not LC carbine

dont know your budget, but there are some Miroku made Winchester 1892 TD models too in .45 or possibly .357
Pc carbine would be a problem for the same reason. NY requires a permit for all semi auto long guns. I’ve been looking picking up a 1892 takedown in 357. From the people I’ve talked to, New York will often confiscate whatever isn’t legal to possess if you’re passing through, which is illegal federally. I’ve heard if you have something that looks like a hunting rifle they will let you go. One guy I talked to said your best bet is to store your rifle with a hunters license or a hunter safety course permit.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make a list of states unfriendly to you, then give it to your new employer.

The list would be; "States I refuse to go to!"
Ya. If I did that I would be fired. Requirements in job listings Travel to all 50 states and other countries as required. The only thing that has kept me in the U.S. is the jab. Employees can’t force that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom