Help me find a new shotgun please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a good shotgun that can be used for duck and turkey. I like the Remington 870 Express. I have shot a Benelli but they are a bit expensive. What do you guys recommend/use and where to buy? Thanks

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my Mossberg 535 combo with a 28" barrel for ducks and a 22" barrel for turkeys. The main difference between the 535 and the 500 is the 535 can take 3.5" shells.

I bought mine with both barrels for around $275 lightly used and it is the Mossy Oak camo version. If you are wanting a Benelli Nova and don't mind not having the camo, Academy has the black stock/blued barrel ones for $349 new. If you want camo or the SuperNova they are usually $500+

If you are looking to go really cheap, the Maverick is based on the Mossberg 500 and is around $160 or so new - I have no first hand experience with them, but have heard that for the price they are hard to beat.

sdsconcrete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my Mossberg 535 combo with a 28" barrel for ducks and a 22" barrel for turkeys. The main difference between the 535 and the 500 is the 535 can take 3.5" shells.

I bought mine with both barrels for around $275 lightly used and it is the Mossy Oak camo version. If you are wanting a Benelli Nova and don't mind not having the camo, Academy has the black stock/blued barrel ones for $349 new. If you want camo or the SuperNova they are usually $500+

If you are looking to go really cheap, the Maverick is based on the Mossberg 500 and is around $160 or so new - I have no first hand experience with them, but have heard that for the price they are hard to beat.

+1....

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a good shotgun that can be used for duck and turkey. I like the Remington 870 Express. I have shot a Benelli but they are a bit expensive. What do you guys recommend/use and where to buy? Thanks

If you're looking to hunt ducks with it - get a semi-auto. I had an 870 Express super-mag and ended up selling it to get an 11-87. I was quick as hell with my 870, and I was still at a pretty big disadvantage over my buddies' semi-autos. Plus the recoil adds up on Ducks (Dove and Crows too).

For Turkeys, a pump is fine, but if you want one to do it all, I'd go with an 11-87.

Latest posts

Top Bottom