Help me find a new shotgun please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertson07

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you think Benelli's are a little high, but let me tell you they are WELL worth it! I love my M2 field, and my husband has an SBE II (takes the 3.5 in shell). They are easy to clean. I think it is worth saving up the money.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a Mossberg model 500 or 590. Hell, even the model 88 "Maverick" is an awesome scattergun. Mossy just makes good shotguns that don't require a bunch of "add-ons" and gadgets to make 'em run better.

Mossberg. You won't regret it. :thumb:

ETA: Oops! I just saw that you are wanting a duck gun. I still say Mossberg. The 835 is a good one too.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to vote for the Remington 870. Between my dad and myself we have four and have had no problems with any of them. A jammed semi can be a pain to work on while out on a duck hunt. Speed is not really a problem if you're hunting ducks over decoys. But ultimately you should get what feels good in your hands and points well. All the brands mentioned are good guns.

ce1447

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a mossy, 870 and a Benelli. I hunt ducks and turkey every chance I get, but ever since I bought my Benelli, the others just sit in the safe. In my opinion, and you should take it as just that, my opinion, if you want a gun that will last forever and will shoot no matter what condition you are in, save your pennies and buy a benelli.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned numerous shotguns by several different manufacturers over the years. Winchester, S&W, Mossberg, Remington etc. As far as performance and reliabilty go, I would vote Remington hands down. I can't speak for the Benneli though as I've never owned one. You might take a look at the 870 super mag SP edition if you're wanting to hunt turkey and ducks. The SP comes with all three choke tubes and has the capability to shoot 3.5" shells. Remember, this is just one guy's opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom