Help me pick out a scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a need for it, and I don't know if I ever will have a need for it, but that Riton deal sure is tempting.

I just got done mounting 3 of the 1-4x24's that I got recently and couldn't be happier. I'm using several Ritons across a few platforms and they've been flawless.

I am waiting on the 4 Mod3 6-24x50's I ordered from Gander to get here so I can strap them up on a few Rem 700's that I have too.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of routes am I looking at for redeeming my shiny vet discount?

You'll either need an military ID card, or military email address, DD214, vet card, discharge cert., etc. Send in the one piece of required information with an email address and once you receive your conformation and set up a log in you start getting discounts.

Places like Expertvoice, Eurooptic, AAOptics give discounts. There are many others as well. Just check their web sites for military/LE discounts. You can get the Strike Eagle for a couple of 10 spots under $500.

Expertvoice gives discounts on many different things not just scopes. I've bought two rifle scopes, a pair of binoculars, and a spotting scope through them. On their site you will probably have to read about the product and then answer about 5-10 question concerning the product and then you receive the discount for that brand. It's no big deal and if you have any reading comprehension the "test" is simple. You can get discounts for Bushnell, US Optics, Vortex, Swampfox, Athlon and Ritton scopes. If you need a carbon fiber barrel, Proof Research is on their site as well as Eotech, Trijicon Federal, Pelican, RCBS, Daniel Defense, and a host of other firearm and non firearm related places.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, went and looked at the Strike eagle. I’m thoroughly impressed. According to the salesman the glass used is equivalent to the first gen Razors. I don’t know how much I believe that, but it’s extremely clear. Typically I would rather not give my money to H and H, but they said that they would be willing to process my military discount in house.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My posting must have expired on my scope. I have a Leupold Vari-X III 8.5-25 x 50mm Long Range Target scope for sale. It is a gold ring scope so it has a lifetime warranty. It has a 30mm tube ,1/4 MOA clicks, and fine cross hairs with a small dot. It sold new for $1250 ,I'm asking $750. It is in EC.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the salesman the glass used is equivalent to the first gen Razors.

No, its not. The salesman's talking out his a** because his mouth knows better. I shoot a Gen I Razor and have looked through a Strike Eagle, they don't compare.

I also wouldn't buy from anyone who didn't give me at least 40% off MSRP for a Vortex scope with a military discount.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 5 years, I’m finally finishing up my .308 build. I need some glass. It’s going to be a Howa .308 heavy barreled action set in a MDT chassis. For a scope I have some preferences, but nothing too set in stone. I would like a 4-15x magnification, or something in that neighborhood. MOA/MOA, FFP, and an illuminated reticle would be nice. I was looking at the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 3-15x44 EBR4, but I’m open to options. What would you get? Brand preferences? Features you can’t live without? Max budget is $800 freedom dollars.
Thanks in advance!

For a $950 you can get this NIB Bushnell Elite Tactical HDMR II 3.5-21x50 with either the H59 or G3 reticle. This price is only good for 6/19 & 6/20/20. This is a dang good price. Contact Doug at Camera Land and mention Snipers Hide (you may want to join that forum first).

If I had the money I'd be all over it.

See post 14 in this thread.
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ii-3-5-21x50-h59-riflescope-et36215h.6964370/

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doug at Camerland is GTG he is on lots of forums. Just call them up tell them your budget and what you want. They will make you a great deal. No tax and free ship to OK and he ships fast.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a like new Burris Veracity 3-15x50 for around $500 and I'm quite happy with it. My other rifles have NightForce's but they don't like budgets......

Latest posts

Top Bottom