Help resources for identifying and selling sword and bayonet collection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roqthecasbah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread gave me an idea. for those of us that are past the mid way mark in life. Make it easy on our loved ones and write up everything we think they need to know about our collections. costs if they are hand me downs and from who etc. since my uncles passing and so much of his info was on his cell.. The wife and I have started leaving ours unlocked incase something happened. someone could get into the phones if needed.
That would be a huge help and has me thinking about doing this for my collection. My buddy's dad would have known everything about all of these pieces and we know absolutely nothing.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Times change, values change, what you once coveted as valuable is no longer,
What you once considered to be junk is now valuable.
It's crazy times we live in now.
Don't be upset if you don't get anywhere near the value they once were.
Understand the people asking crazy prices are prepared to sit on them 20-30 years to get their price.

Roqthecasbah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Times change, values change, what you once coveted as valuable is no longer,
What you once considered to be junk is now valuable.
It's crazy times we live in now.
Don't be upset if you don't get anywhere near the value they once were.
Understand the people asking crazy prices are prepared to sit on them 20-30 years to get their price.
This site and others like it are a strange dynamic. Everyone buying or trading are looking for a deal heavily in their favor. Meanwhile, everyone selling is asking new retail for used stuff or heavily inflated perceived values of older stuff. It's like an online gun show without the jerky guy and nazi flags.

Btown

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to help with a friends estate many years ago and I was amazed at how many scumbags came out the woodwork. Myself and a few of his other friends tried to tell the his widow what he had and the value but she went with the "experts" and got royally screwed. Very sad as she was left with two beautiful little kids to raise. So be careful and maybe get second or thirds opinions.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread gave me an idea. for those of us that are past the mid way mark in life. Make it easy on our loved ones and write up everything we think they need to know about our collections. costs if they are hand me downs and from who etc. since my uncles passing and so much of his info was on his cell.. The wife and I have started leaving ours unlocked incase something happened. someone could get into the phones if needed.
Are you trying to get guys killed or divorced?

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to help with a friends estate many years ago and I was amazed at how many scumbags came out the woodwork. Myself and a few of his other friends tried to tell the his widow what he had and the value but she went with the "experts" and got royally screwed. Very sad as she was left with two beautiful little kids to raise. So be careful and maybe get second or thirds opinions.
And for that very reason, since my uncle passing last year and leaving a pile of farm equipment . land . houses FULL of tools etc. we have been tight lipped on most of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom