Here is my mini review of the BattleComp 2.0...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am going to call it a hybrid compensator because it lacks the obnoxious traits that most compensators are known for - being blasty and/or loud. I sure didn't want to put something on my rifle that requires me to double up on hearing protection or is unbearable to other shooters at the range that may be at the left and right of me. This is the first thing that excited me about the BattleComp - it claims to be very similar in sound to a standard A2 flash hider!

[Broken External Image]

One thing I'll tell you about the BattleComp guys is that they ship fast. It only took them 2 days to get one in my hands. Packaging is professional and the BattleComp 2.0 comes with a shim kit. They also included a BCE logo'd patch that my son instantly thought was cool and claimed for himself. I called and spoke to the CEO (who is also a police officer) with some questions and he was polite and a great guy to talk to. It is always great to talk to good people building great things here in the USA.

[Broken External Image]

Installation was pretty easy. My barrel is a BCM lightweight and it came with a black crush washer and a standard A2 flash hider. I clamped a couple of wood blocks together and drilled a hole in them so I could use them as a barrel clamp (yes the picture shows two holes because my first one was too big!). I put a few layers of masking tape on the barrel to keep it from getting scratched and used a bicycle tube over that for a little more protection. I found that even clamped down pretty tight, slow movement with the wrench wanted to move the barrel so I tapped the end of the wrench with a rubber mallet instead and with a few good whacks the A2 broke free. The BattleComp 2.0 comes with a professional shim kit because it is designed to be compatible with suppressors. They are a light silver and I probably would have colored them black if I used them, but I just went ahead and used a black crush washer that I had on hand instead. I lucked out when I put the Battle Comp on with the crush washer it finger tighted only 90 degrees from perfect, so I just had to tighten it 90 more degrees and I was all set. Pulled the barrel/upper out of the vice, removed the masking tape, and it came out perfect and looks awesome!

It has been so hot here (112 deg F!) lately that I had to wait for a Saturday morning to get to the range for some testing.

[Broken External Image]

The most pronounced difference was the lack of muzzle rise, it stays on target and you don't have to fight your rifle to get it to settle back down on target. For repeat shots this is amazing. I started out using open sights at first and then moved to the red dot after a few rounds. It is great to pull the trigger and see the red dot stay on target.

My one concern was how loud it would be compared to the A2 I had, but I didn't notice much if any additional noise. If there was any more, it was very slight. I also didn't notice any issues with blast, there may have been just a little more than before, but again nothing notable. Today was the perfect day for testing this, normally the range I go to isn't too busy, but there were lots of people to the left and right of me this morning. No one had any complaints about noise or blast, in fact they didn't even seem to notice.

I always find it very difficult to rate recoil. Instead of a sharper punch which was noticeable, it was a softer and less noticeable. I would say it is at least a 60% reduction or more. I could shoot it all day without any problems if only ammo were cheaper!

Bottom line is that if you want a comp that keeps your muzzle on the target and reduces recoil without excessive noise or blast, the BattleComp 2.0 is the ticket. On top of that it is made in the USA and sold by people who are shooters and there is no place to go wrong. It also looks sharp as well. Thanks BCE!

Thanks,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom