Hey, Folks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still stand by this?

"I had to politely add an asterisk to her comment. While it might have been written for all humans, black folk weren’t considered humans back then (as Justice Taney makes clear in the Dred Scott decision, surely the founders did not want those creatures having guns). Obviously, we’ve come a long way since then. But we can’t erase history, even when it’s ugly and uncomfortable. I think the gun community should be more vocal about stuff like this. It would lend us a lot more credibility with groups that are sometimes suspicious of the squeaky clean “guns are the great equalizer” mantra. Yes, it’s true. But it’s complicated."

I believe it was 2/3 to limit the impact on voting in some areas.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still stand by this?

"I had to politely add an asterisk to her comment. While it might have been written for all humans, black folk weren’t considered humans back then (as Justice Taney makes clear in the Dred Scott decision, surely the founders did not want those creatures having guns). Obviously, we’ve come a long way since then. But we can’t erase history, even when it’s ugly and uncomfortable. I think the gun community should be more vocal about stuff like this. It would lend us a lot more credibility with groups that are sometimes suspicious of the squeaky clean “guns are the great equalizer” mantra. Yes, it’s true. But it’s complicated."

I believe it was 2/3 to limit the impact on voting in some areas.
Are you trolling her introduction thread? Seriously? :faint:

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No troll. Her blog had the statement, not her intro. Concerned?

And I do agree, a single blog post could not ever consider the expanse of an idea. Though perhaps, it might provide a perspective.

Last edited:

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to burden the point, but the her web links web provides an much more extensive history that she choose to provide. That said, I didn't research but was provided access for for my information. So, I have no intent to chase her off, but her available web history is relevant in my opinion. I'd guess she'd have few reservations about anyone pursuing that history. I mean since she posted the links.

Latest posts

Top Bottom