Historic Oklahoma drive-in movie theater in Sapulpa set to reopen in April

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
June 30, 2023
8:49 Sunset
10:37 Astronomical Twilight
9:56 Nautical Twight
Civil Twilight

6:30 You go out to eat
8:00 Go home and watch a movie (Internet)
10:00 get back in car and Drive to the drive in theater

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was a GOOD time to be young! It will be intresting to see how this works, it's the only one except the Admiral Twin, that I know of. Tying this into Route 66, will help I'm sure, we are getting more Route 66 attractions in the Tulsa area all the time, and I hope this fits right in with all of that!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
June 30, 2023
8:49 Sunset
10:37 Astronomical Twilight
9:56 Nautical Twight
Civil Twilight

6:30 You go out to eat
8:00 Go home and watch a movie (Internet)
10:00 get back in car and Drive to the drive in theater
Getting dark so late is hard on Drive in theaters I'm sure? plus that extra hour of sun light is burning up my garden!!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last time my HS buddies and I went to drive-in theater, I had a Jeep CJ-5. We left the top at home, and once at the theater, we folded down the windshield and had an uninterrupted view of the screen. Had a good time.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really enjoyed drive-ins in the 60s/70s. Took the family to the one in Guthrie a couple of decades ago and did not care for the lack of consideration shown for others by several there at that time.

I hope this one does well and others open/re-open. I would prefer to see the old movies. Not willing to pay to see the current first-run junk.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I spent a few nights at the Winchester drive in off 240 during the covid scare watching old movies. We always had fun, but I don't think I want to see a new movie there. Or at least not one that has a lot of high end graphics that it relies on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom