Hog hunting outfitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I would request a discounted hunt, since they left you guys high and dry. If the game warden already knew it was happening, one ranch hand to verify trespassing should have been sufficient.

They worked with us on price. They're a good outfit. And, with the reward I offered, they can make it back up with a little searching around in that thicket. Moby Pig didn't go far with his lungs ventilated.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I would request a discounted hunt, since they left you guys high and dry. If the game warden already knew it was happening, one ranch hand to verify trespassing should have been sufficient.

I was kind of thinking the same, since you were a paying patron.

Edit: just saw where they worked it out with you, that's great!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, they should have confiscated the poacher's dogs and kicked them out on the trail of your pig! Sucks to have an experience like that. Be nice if the ranch would at least offer you a discount on another hunt or something to make up for time lost on your hunt where their guides were not tending to you. Just how it goes sometimes.

Last edited:

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been told by many guides to stay put after I shoot an animal. Honestly I ignore them 9 times out of 10. Especially with fading light/eroding weather. They are only human and I am confident in my tracking ablities. Better to get "yelled" at and come home with animal than leave animal to rot in woods.

Not saying you did anything wrong, but its something to think about next time!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom