Hog Hunting Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've been wanting to hunt hogs since forever and have never found a place to go. After all these years I've given up on being able to find hogs to hut the normal way and have started looking for the best/cheapest "buy a hunt". Can ya'll recommend a place? Preferably close to OKC.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am on my phone so copying and pasting links is a little more difficult. I can say skip anyplace that is charging by the pound. No Mercy at Gracemont, Addictive Hunting near Geary both had June July and August specials for 2 day, 2 hogs and lodging for $400, only one trophy size boar. IIRC.
I am leary of a place that charges by the pound, because there are some places known to buy big hairy domestic hogs at the sale barn to release for hunters to shoot a big hog and be charged by the pound.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A google search for Oklahoma Hog Hunt Outfitters turns up several results.

And Okie4570 hog conservationist my azz. Not my fault you missed out on the first shoot. Lol I kilt more than you. Oh yeah I know why you say that now, cause I said I only saw 1 so I didn't shoot. I was waiting on the herd. Be patient young man, see one, shoot one and many get away. Wait and see many and shoot many, few get away. I think you show good potential, you just need a little shorter drive.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am on my phone so copying and pasting links is a little more difficult. I can say skip anyplace that is charging by the pound. No Mercy at Gracemont, Addictive Hunting near Geary both had June July and August specials for 2 day, 2 hogs and lodging for $400, only one trophy size boar. IIRC.
I am leary of a place that charges by the pound, because there are some places known to buy big hairy domestic hogs at the sale barn to release for hunters to shoot a big hog and be charged by the pound.

I understand your concerns, I have hunted at both operations. Both are good. Shiloh ranch had the wildest pigs I have ever hunted, super spooky and definitely no push over. 650 acres low fence. Not a domestic pig on it and I felt no pressure to shoot the second one and didn't.. Matt and Cherly have been in the business for many years and are top notch. Do a search for Shiloh hog hunting on Archery Talk and you'll see nothing but great reviews...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand your concerns, I have hunted at both operations. Both are good. Shiloh ranch had the wildest pigs I have ever hunted, super spooky and definitely no push over. 650 acres low fence. Not a domestic pig on it and I felt no pressure to shoot the second one and didn't.. Matt and Cherly have been in the business for many years and are top notch. Do a search for Shiloh hog hunting on Archery Talk and you'll see nothing but great reviews...

I wasn't meaning to call you out, and will edit my post if you would like. I just mean it in general. Before hogs were widespread in Oklahoma, some hunting ranches in Oklahoma were in the minority offering hog hunts, now I can find 20+ advertising hog hunts. In the early 2000s before it was illegal by the Department of Agriculture to transport live wild hogs unless permitted it was very common for hogs to be trapped near the rivers of western Oklahoma and transported to more than one ranch where they were bought and released. All pigs were a $100 and large boars were sold by the pound. The one guy (I have a choice name for the guy) was also known to buy retired breeder boars from guys raising show pigs to be sold at the hunting ranch.
I have no doubt Shiloh Ranch puts on a good hog hunt and treat the clients well, that is part of a successful business.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll search some of those mentioned. I'm sort of limited as to the type of hunting since I have arthritis in my spine which makes getting around extremely difficult most of the time. I'd have to find a place where I can hunt from a stand and have help loading a dead piggie and such. I just don't want a canned hunt...I hate that crap, I want to get a real wild hog, not one fed, fattened and fluffed for hunters.

Ideally I'd like to get a big mean one with big tusks that I can do a European mount and one that I can cook up. It's a shame, with the terrible wild hog problems that I have pay someone for the chance to whack them. Anywho, I need freezer meat and my Grendel and Beowulf need some action lol.

Thanks all

Latest posts

Top Bottom