Hog Hunting Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't meaning to call you out, and will edit my post if you would like. I just mean it in general. Before hogs were widespread in Oklahoma, some hunting ranches in Oklahoma were in the minority offering hog hunts, now I can find 20+ advertising hog hunts. In the early 2000s before it was illegal by the Department of Agriculture to transport live wild hogs unless permitted it was very common for hogs to be trapped near the rivers of western Oklahoma and transported to more than one ranch where they were bought and released. All pigs were a $100 and large boars were sold by the pound. The one guy (I have a choice name for the guy) was also known to buy retired breeder boars from guys raising show pigs to be sold at the hunting ranch.
I have no doubt Shiloh Ranch puts on a good hog hunt and treat the clients well, that is part of a successful business.

Never took it like you were calling me out. Leave your post exactly like it is. Its good information.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am on my phone so copying and pasting links is a little more difficult. I can say skip anyplace that is charging by the pound. No Mercy at Gracemont, Addictive Hunting near Geary both had June July and August specials for 2 day, 2 hogs and lodging for $400, only one trophy size boar. IIRC.
I am leary of a place that charges by the pound, because there are some places known to buy big hairy domestic hogs at the sale barn to release for hunters to shoot a big hog and be charged by the pound.

Addictive Hunting - heck...they are booked up all the way to next year, then even a lot of next year is booked up...

good info posted though, thanks!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does he have any kind of normal website? I don't do Facebook. The little I can find on him was his first post on a hunting forum saying he had a new high fence hunting ranch with guaranteed kills and varying price. Also says his ranch is 5 square miles which is 3,200 acres, pretty nice spread if that's accurate. What do you know about him and his setup, it sounds like a canned hunt if its a guaranteed kill but I don't know.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
with 3200 acres, its not exactly a canned hunt. Yeah, its hi fence, but with that much area to roam, it could be a difficult hunt. I hunted the Shilo Ranch on a freebee pass several years ago, invited by an editor of Hog Hunter Magazine. It was 600 and some acres, and the hunting was tough. (archery) They were spooky as all get out.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a good point, I have no experience with such things so I'm learning as I go. How do they guarantee a kill? Places I've heard about before with guaranteed kills weren't very positive. Is there a legitimate way to make a guarantee like that without it being one of those set up situations? I read about a place that guarantees if you don't get what you're hunting for they bring you back at no cost but they charge huge $$$ for the first hunt so I can see the rational. I really wish businesses wouldn't rely strictly on Facebook as their web page, there a lot of people who won't use Facebook. He's going on the option list so maybe I'll find out for better or worse.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why dont o call him? Brent Gandy 580 470 5121 see guys booking hunts grady county hunting & fishing on face book , his post says he has 600 acres 8 miles east of Duncan has tree stands & ground blinds

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
with 3200 acres, its not exactly a canned hunt. Yeah, its hi fence, but with that much area to roam, it could be a difficult hunt. I hunted the Shilo Ranch on a freebee pass several years ago, invited by an editor of Hog Hunter Magazine. It was 600 and some acres, and the hunting was tough. (archery) They were spooky as all get out.

I had the same experience at Shiloh, spookiest pigs I ever hunted. Great hunt though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom