Holographic sights.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had never tried a holographic sight, and was interested in finding a cheap one for my .22LR S&W M&P 15-22.. before buying a good one for my 5.56 M&P 15. Today I fell into a good deal. I stopped into a small out-of-the-way pawn shop this morning just prowling around and to my surprise there was a Bench Mark holographic sight that normally sells on Walmart.com for $70 sitting up on a shelf behind the owner's gun bench that wasn't tagged for sale. I asked him what he'd take for it. After humming & hawing a little, he said $40. I countered with $35 cash, and he sold it.... he even threw in a new battery. It worked great. So now I've got it mounted on top of my scope and will take it down to the range tomorrow for sighting in.

Side note: When I walked in, he was replacing the barrel on what looked like a CVA black powder rifle. The old barrel was laying on the counter with 5-- 4" split places in the barrel about 5" down from the end of the barrel. I asked what had happended. He said a friend of his had been out hunting in the snow and had accidently stuck the ballel down in the snow.... and then not thinking to knock it clear had fired at a deer a few moments later. He said the explosion happened so suddenly that there wasn't even time to cuss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom