Home Made Link Sausage - Anyone Make It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about making my own link type sausage.

What would I need beside the machine and a few good recipes to get started?

What stuffing machine would you guys who do it recommend?

Any good starter recipes?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The grinder / stuffer, casings, meat and spices, a recipe you like .......... you're in business.
Been making sausage for years, some work, but hard. I prefer hand operated over the powered ones, because of the control if / when the casing splits, but that's just me. Brand wise, there aren't many differences, I would suggest something fairly inexpensive to get started from Atwood's, TSC, ACE ...........

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never found any casings that I really liked for breakfast links. I just squirted the sausage mixture out of the big caulking gun onto a cookie sheet then partially froze. After they were partially frozen I cut them to size and vacuum sealed.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(several yrs back) A good friend called about 9:30 Thurs evening. "Hey, what is your recipe for deer sausage?"
"Why?"
"I'm going to make some tonight and you have the best I've ever had."
"Oh, OK, didn't know you had any deer meat."
"Yeah, I just remembered I had that doe I shot sat. morning still laying the bed of my pick-up and
I thought I had better do something with it."
"That doe that you threw back there at 7:30 in the morning? You never even field dressed it."
"I know, but it hasn't been very warm, she's still good."

Phone rings Monday eve. "Hey, I thought you gave me your sausage recipe?"
"I did."
"Then why does mine taste like SH............?"
"Because I left out the first part. CLEAN THE DEER AND KEEP IT FRESH< DUMBA........."

Latest posts

Top Bottom