My daughter decided to make jewelry stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. I had a couple of aunts that were custom rockhounds and silversmiths that made jewelry; they were even written about in books back in the 60's and 70's. My daughter has some of their stuff that was left over after they passed. Every so often we see some work that looks like it may have been theirs, they didn't sign much of it back then. We have asked where they got it and they usually do not know. We have found that "my ______ gave it to me" and doing a little visiting we find they had relatives that were from the same part of KS as my aunts; although they would travel all across the US going to shows. I have quite a bit of polished rock from them still. They would travel and find their own rock, never bought it.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The necklace in the next to last pic looks at a distance like an ivory from an elk.

The detail she’s put into each one is awesome, she certainly has patience for that tiny detail work.

I’m sure someone’s going to ask, does she have a place she sells at online somewhere?
@Cowcatcher The comment about an elk ivory got me thinking of a niche market for your daughter. Have her put an ad in the hunting regs or somehow get with ODWC to 'meet' hunters at the refuge and give them all a "brochure" with what she can do with an elk ivory. Ring, necklace, earrings for the ladies, etc... Can get design ideas off Google.

I've got a few laying around not being used if she'd like to try incorporating into her fall lineup! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom