Home remodeling project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you use

• High quality carpet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardwood of some sort

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my house new 6 years ago and the one thing I didnt like was the cheap builder grade windows and the cheap carpet.
I have already gotten new windows and door and now its time to replace this crappy carpet. Its cheap enough my cats have clawed holes through it in 5 places. They did this as kittens and no longer do it but this floor needs redone. I was thinking hardwood and have found some I really like but with 2 cats, maybe a good Berber carpet would be better? (I dont want shag). I dont care for the echo effect of the hardwood but that isnt a deal killer. A big area rug in the living room should calm the echo alot and still let the beauty of the wood be seen all around.
Thinking of the pros and cons, I cant decide. So I'm asking for the knowledge of those here who may have some insight.
This is what cats can do to cheap carpet.
1726780483190.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my house new 6 years ago and the one thing I didnt like was the cheap builder grade windows and the cheap carpet.
I have already gotten new windows and door and now its time to replace this crappy carpet. Its cheap enough my cats have clawed holes through it in 5 places. They did this as kittens and no longer do it but this floor needs redone. I was thinking hardwood and have found some I really like but with 2 cats, maybe a good Berber carpet would be better? (I dont want shag). I dont care for the echo effect of the hardwood but that isnt a deal killer. A big area rug in the living room should calm the echo alot and still let the beauty of the wood be seen all around.
Thinking of the pros and cons, I cant decide. So I'm asking for the knowledge of those here who may have some insight.
This is what cats can do to cheap carpet.View attachment 512424

several years ago we replaced about 1/2 ( wish we had done it all ) of the carpet with hardwood. we shopped around quite a bit and as you mentioned didn't like the 'tinny' sound that many had when walked on. We finally decided on a fairly top quality hardwood that was a laminate on a plywood type base. This was glued to the concrete floor. No echo type sounds.....has held up very nicely for several years now....even with pets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom