Home remodeling project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you use

• High quality carpet

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Hardwood of some sort

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The most awesome floor I ever experienced was in the home we rented for 4 years in Germany. It was terracotta tile with hot water radiant heat. If I ever build a home outside of the AZ dessert, I'm voting for ceramic tile and electric radiant heat in bathrooms (if compatible). We currently have engineered hardwood in most living areas and the kitchen, carpet in bedrooms (dislike both for different reasons), and sealed stone in the bathrooms (really sensitive to scoring by acids).

FWIW: I voted for "Hardwood of some sort" with ceramic "hardwood" in mind. Consider looking into radiant heat.

ETA: By radiant heat, I meant "makes the tile warm in the winter to treat your toes"; not to heat the room, like the home in Germany.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Radiant heat is a price buster I'm sure. I have nice ceramic tile in the kitchen, dinning room, entryway and both bathrooms. I have this crappy carpet in a large living room and all 3 bedrooms. The 2 front bedrooms aren't used (one is a guest room used very light and other isn't used) so the doors are shut. I'm just doing the living room and master bedroom...and master closet, with new flooring for now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom