Home Security Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out these guys http://www.cctvhotdeals.com/timersale/index/deal/
I have a Zmodo 8 channel setup. Ive heard people bash on them but everyone that i have shown mine to has been super impressed with it. I think it was originally $450 i got iton a daily deal for $279. Ive swapped 2 of the cameras for nicer higher resolution cameras but only because I needed something bigger above my garage because its so high up. Otherwise everything else works great.

AR-SHOOTER29

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to get some cameras set up at my place as well. I just didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. So i guess thanks for the thread. It will help me out too.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my concern right now too, is if it will even solve anything. For me to catch someone I would have to be watching the camera. It would be hard for the cops to bust someone off of the footage without a really good picture and then they would have to be in their system already. If I have cams and still get broken in to and do not get the scumbag then I will be more mad and have to plant landmines or something around my house...

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my concern right now too, is if it will even solve anything. For me to catch someone I would have to be watching the camera. It would be hard for the cops to bust someone off of the footage without a really good picture and then they would have to be in their system already. If I have cams and still get broken in to and do not get the scumbag then I will be more mad and have to plant landmines or something around my house...

Video can help prosecute, but you are correct in questioning if the police will act on it alone, especially if nothing is stolen or damaged.

People frequently misunderstand that 'Surveillance' does not equal 'Deterrence'. Reddog1's situation with video worked because of Reddog1. If he relied on Police to do anything, he still would be at square 1, but he bulldogged his own cause.

As far as "For me to catch someone I would have to be watching the camera", you can setup a networked DVR and just about any IP camera to notify you via FTP/email/SMS or through a dry contact output when something is detected on motion. Now, this may result in a billion false-alarms depending on how it is configured, but it can be done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom