Hopefully and easy question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats, and I think Bass Pro has a Remy in 243 youth in their Fall Sale. I can't remember how much, but it comes with a 3x9 scope already mounted. I think it was around $400? I was thinking about one for my kiddo.:thumbup3:

Doo eeeeettttt!! The great thing about the youths is you can swap the stock when they get bigger and now they have a grown up rifle!!! Oh, and .243 is an awesome caliber for deer...Just ask this guy:
ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Hunting_ae5bbd9b.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NEF's I have shot have proven to be very accurate, and the 22-250 is a sound choice in my opinion (as is the 243). My wife actually killed her first deer last year with one in 22-250, dropped in tracks with a frontal chest shot at 75 yards. The only issue that I've had is they don't like handloads that are too hot, as in the ones I use in my bolt action;if you buy factory ammo, you probably shouldn't have any problems. Good luck to the both of you.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to one and all for the help. BB, since she has to have an adult, you may be right. Pictures may be a while in coming but will get here. She can shoot her rifle and I'll shoot my camera, I knew I bought that thing for something.
Thanks again, this forum is full of special people.
Bud

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1shott doesn't have his anymore. Those single shots do a great job. I like the .243 too. My kids either started there or with the .22-250. I'm with BB....pics need to be shown. Good luck grandpa.

So how does it shoot, yall like it?

The .243 is one of the best rounds for whitetail deer. I am a firm believer in that round.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can add is go with the .243. Haha. Seriously though, it's a great round for whitetails. Make sure she gets plenty of practice with it before hunting. She needs to be familiar with the rifle and confident in her abilities. Make sure she has a comfortable seat and a good, solid rest wherever she's hunting at.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how does it shoot, yall like it?

The .243 is one of the best rounds for whitetail deer. I am a firm believer in that round.

Shot 2 rounds at 100 and they were about 1 1/2 high and 1" to the right. Moved it one left and it is ready for my 15 yr old for deer season. He really likes it.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot 2 rounds at 100 and they were about 1 1/2 high and 1" to the right. Moved it one left and it is ready for my 15 yr old for deer season. He really likes it.

Sweet, at 200 it should be right on. The 1" the right was probably me. You did shoot the ammo I gave you? Thats what I had it sighted for.

Glad he likes it, it served me well, I wish him the best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom