House Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL00MY

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the Tulsa area I'd look at Jenks and Bixby. Those are the better school districts. BA has kind of dropped in quality over the past 10 years.

A note about moving to a new area: I don't know where you're from originally, but vote against all school bonds. They raise your property taxes (mortgage and rent) and the schools get enough money now without bending you over for more. I assume since you're here that you're already voting Pro 2A.
I drove by Bixby today and it reminded me of what used to be Avondale, AZ, up and coming city. I liked it, sorta rural, yet a bit like BA.

I vote Red. RFK is the closest I get to the middle, but Trump 24 too.

I hate what CA wildfires did to my home state, literally homeless and drugs have ruined the Valley of the Sun.

GL00MY

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about home prices in just about any city, but we have friends that used to live in Coweta and worked in the BA area. Coweta is south and a bit east of BA along Highway 51.
Coweta is on my last resort, but if I can find some land I’d bite.

GL00MY

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With interest rates going up, home sales are going down! If it's not a BUYERS market yet, it's getting close I think? Negotiate the asking price, you never know how bad they need, or want, to sell?
Honestly, I feel like home ownership will decline within the next decade due to LLC, cough cough Blackrock, Vanguard, etc, buying up single family homes.

I’m buying a home for my family and children to have in the future, also of course and investment.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
1696367906107.png

CONFUCIUS SAY

HOUSE WITHOUT TOILET IS UNCANNY.

GL00MY

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I we t to the cit-data.conform and they have a lot of info on where one could live in OK away from crime, good friendly people etc. You might check that out.
That’s actually a great idea! I forgot how back in the day I’d check for Pedo’s on a gov website. I’ll be using that to narrow my search. Thank you!

GL00MY

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With interest rates going up, home sales are going down! If it's not a BUYERS market yet, it's getting close I think? Negotiate the asking price, you never know how bad they need, or want, to sell?
Something’s gotta give, right? Fed f’d the economy to bite us and now we’re seeing it.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jsut a thought. Some here may disagree but if your budget is about $180K I would give a hard look at Sapulpa. Close to Tulsa and surrounding areas and not a bad commute to your work in BA. The downtown in getting more popular and Sapulpa seems to be one of the up and coming towns in the Tulsa area. Also, a bond measure was just past to build a completely new high school in Sapulpa. Sure there will be some taxes associated with the bond but if your kids are still in elementary school this may be a good option for you/them in a number of years. Something to think about at least.

GL00MY

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jsut a thought. Some here may disagree but if your budget is about $180K I would give a hard look at Sapulpa. Close to Tulsa and surrounding areas and not a bad commute to your work in BA. The downtown in getting more popular and Sapulpa seems to be one of the up and coming towns in the Tulsa area. Also, a bond measure was just past to build a completely new high school in Sapulpa. Sure there will be some taxes associated with the bond but if your kids are still in elementary school this may be a good option for you/them in a number of years. Something to think about at least.
Any reason why some may disagree? Asking because I’ve never been to that town, but I found a home that I like. I’ll be taking a drive down there tomorrow to check it out.

I’ve asked for two weeks of vacation to tour homes and towns for this reason.

I do got a kid in elementary and my job in BA, so it’s a consideration.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any reason why some may disagree? Asking because I’ve never been to that town, but I found a home that I like. I’ll be taking a drive down there tomorrow to check it out.

I’ve asked for two weeks of vacation to tour homes and towns for this reason.

I do got a kid in elementary and my job in BA, so it’s a consideration.
Sapulpa city council is run by a bunch of idiots. They love to get a nice neighborhood and then authorize a 500 room apartment building right next to it for "die-versity". I sold a house I had there just because of their stupid zoning.
Also, the schools are not good. Good schools bring the best growth and best resale value.

I heard today that BA is working on a new amphitheater to draw in more inner city types, just FYI.

BeamMeUp

Marksman
Reaction score
We’ve lived in South BA for 30 years and love it. My daughter recently bought a house about two miles west of us in BA but her kids are in the Bixby school district. There are still some nice older homes in the area that would probably be in your price range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom