House Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL00MY

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently got pre-approved for a home loan and will begin to look for houses soon. Now I was hoping to find a home in BA for under $180k, however that’s gonna be a stretch.
I’m interested in staying in near town due to wanting my child to go to good school districts and whatnot, plus my work is in BA.

Is there other nearby locations an OK native can recommend me to look at? My family has been in OK for 3 years, so we’re not as familiar with what towns are up and coming and which ones to stay away from.

Anyone got any advice, I’d like to hear as much as I can about it, thanks.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking in BA and don't mind older houses look in the Vandiver West area (101st and Aspen) People are nice and it is a good location. Many homes here at or near 180K.

One of my aunts lives in that area. Seems to be a fairly quiet neighborhood.

Best of luck in your search!

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got pre-approved for a home loan and will begin to look for houses soon. Now I was hoping to find a home in BA for under $180k, however that’s gonna be a stretch.
I’m interested in staying in near town due to wanting my child to go to good school districts and whatnot, plus my work is in BA.

Is there other nearby locations an OK native can recommend me to look at? My family has been in OK for 3 years, so we’re not as familiar with what towns are up and coming and which ones to stay away from.

In the Tulsa area I'd look at Jenks and Bixby. Those are the better school districts. BA has kind of dropped in quality over the past 10 years.

A note about moving to a new area: I don't know where you're from originally, but vote against all school bonds. They raise your property taxes (mortgage and rent) and the schools get enough money now without bending you over for more. I assume since you're here that you're already voting Pro 2A.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I we t to the cit-data.conform and they have a lot of info on where one could live in OK away from crime, good friendly people etc. You might check that out.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

With interest rates going up, home sales are going down! If it's not a BUYERS market yet, it's getting close I think? Negotiate the asking price, you never know how bad they need, or want, to sell?

Latest posts

Top Bottom