House Sparrows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old fence charger that does not pulsate and it will zap you even if you jump off the ground and grab it.
Can't figure that one out.
I hooked my Fluke 87 to it to test the voltage and smoke came out of the Fluke.

I had to peel many birds off of it.
They would land on it and ZAP they ended up hanging upside down.

So your problem got me thinking..can you hook some electricity to the feeder and flip a switch when the sparrows are on it and zap them all to their death.

:)
Or maybe some remote fired something above the feeder that you can trigger while watching the birds.
Straight down shot into the ground.

I like your thinking!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
had a neighbor who was getting gigged by the usda for sparrows around his dairy. he got a monkey and it cleaned out the sparrows. it would also get in your car if you left the windows down and take a crap. but the sparrow problem was over.
What do monkeys do eat sparrows? I retired from an oil refinery. Pigeons were a real problem, and would get so bad they had to hire people to come in a trap them occasionally. An oil company can't kill anything, or it would make the national news!! Some of the guys that worked on the process units, would hunt pigeons at night, and on week ends. They would sharpen one end of welding rods, wrap the ortther end with rubber bands, and take a piece of conduit pipe, and make blow guns!! These things worked really well!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just drilled a tiny hole and a tiny screw with Super Glue! Holds it. Back and allows for No Hillary Safety! Way faster on follow up shots! LOL! My wife found one of these at a garage sale, I thought it was a silly joke!

But damn that thing is a blast!
Oh its a blast for sure. When I fire up my smoker, it draws in the flys and when I am done, my patio will be covered in salt and dead flys. A few times I had to get the water hose out 2 times to wash the patio off in a 4 hour time spam.
I learned also, it wont kill a yellow jacket but it will piss one off good LOL

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do monkeys do eat sparrows? I retired from an oil refinery. Pigeons were a real problem, and would get so bad they had to hire people to come in a trap them occasionally. An oil company can't kill anything, or it would make the national news!! Some of the guys that worked on the process units, would hunt pigeons at night, and on week ends. They would sharpen one end of welding rods, wrap the ortther end with rubber bands, and take a piece of conduit pipe, and make blow guns!! These things worked really well!!
i think the monkey would just constantly raid the nests for eggs and chicks. it might have played havoc at night on the adults also. his crap was extremely terrible,and it loved to spread it all over the inside of any car or truck that was left with the windows down.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They sure didn’t make pellet guns like that when I was a kid.

Makes me want to buy one like he’s got now.
Maybe not cause I just looked at those prices, a guy could buy a nice 1911 for that kind of dinero.

Latest posts

Top Bottom