How about some bug out land???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Johnjosiah - I will hand it to you, you are a scout. There is actually one I may consider cashing in the ol 401K for.... If nothing else, you have inspired me to start sniffing around.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 160 acres in hughes county last year for $700 an acre. The deals are out there, you just have to really look for them and jump on it quick when you come across them.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a bit...claustrophobic, so I plan on putting a good sized "storm shelter" under one of those little manufactured cabins in the woods. I'll bet not many of those things have reinforced concrete "foundations." Now, I just need to find a place with good water and no neighbors to put it.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
enuf: Cool I hope it works out for you. I love my little piece of this big ball. I'm always on the look out for something a little further away from walmart. Probably have to get all the kids gone first.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why buy bugout land? If shtf odds are you'll either be in a camp or hafta be mobile. It's different if ya wanna buy land n build a house and play make believe but real shtf govt failing BS means refugee camps, raiders, bandits, military terrorist type.

Your kidding yourself if ya think a few people can plant a garden n raise some chickens and live. You'll be found and have to run or be rounded up and placed in a camp.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ain't saying you're right or wrong. Who knows at this point; some might say the sh(already)hf. Some might say "you ain't seen nothing yet" when you're crying shtf. I think it is relative on what your toleration point is. I just want a piece of dirt man; no, I got an acre (whoo-whoo), I want a bigger piece of dirt.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why buy bugout land? If shtf odds are you'll either be in a camp or hafta be mobile. It's different if ya wanna buy land n build a house and play make believe but real shtf govt failing BS means refugee camps, raiders, bandits, military terrorist type.

Your kidding yourself if ya think a few people can plant a garden n raise some chickens and live. You'll be found and have to run or be rounded up and placed in a camp.

Killjoy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom