How long do you tumble your brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You obviously don't pick up the same brass I pick up.

In fact, right now I am washing brass because it's currently too nasty to sort and tumble.

I heard that. Some of it goes for 24 hours and STILL has tarnish.

I use mineral spirits and New Finish in walnut media. I load it, and throw the rounds in fresh corncob for about 15 minutes and most (key word here is most) of it shines like a diamond in a goats.....

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I want uber shinny brass I clean with a coarse walnut with two tble spoons of NuFinish in my big dillon tumbler for about an hour or 2 depending on how dirty the brass is and then separate out the brass and put that same brass into small corn cob with another 2 table spoons of NuFinish. Comes out looking like new.

If I just want to clean it I dont do the second polishing.

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
45 minutes is possible using the right polish, I have used the Dillion blue stuff, regular auto polish and thought I had found the right stuff when I spent $40 for a can of FlitZ. Then I was tipped off about Bucks Ultimate Brass Polish - just ask any of the guys who have been out to my place to shoot, beautiful brass with shine that lasts. Blows away all the others. It is available from Arrowsmith, 2301 Outer Drive, Sarasota, FL. 34231 I paid $19.95 for a 16 oz bottle a couple years ago plus shipping.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
45 minutes is possible using the right polish, I have used the Dillion blue stuff, regular auto polish and thought I had found the right stuff when I spent $40 for a can of FlitZ. Then I was tipped off about Bucks Ultimate Brass Polish - just ask any of the guys who have been out to my place to shoot, beautiful brass with shine that lasts. Blows away all the others. It is available from Arrowsmith, 2301 Outer Drive, Sarasota, FL. 34231 I paid $19.95 for a 16 oz bottle a couple years ago plus shipping.

Just make sure that stuff doesn't have any ammonia in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom