How many of you guys have been tazed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have. helped out a small dept as a 'test subject' when they were demoing diff types of less lethal options.
basketball gym with wrestling mats down.. a chair at one end.. me at the other. goal - get to the chair.

me and another guy did it, signed a bunch of waivers, probably still wasnt quite a good idea. we got pepper balled, tazed and bean bagged over a weekend.

i did not make the chair once. Fun after it was over the second afternoon but **** it hurt lol. Not the easiest $100 ive made.

I do however have an X26 floating around. im sure the carts are 'expired' though.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep got tazed when I was still a police officer about 4 years before I retired during a class to get tazer qualified.
Didn’t have to but I wanted to know the full effect & if I ever had to go to court and was asked by a lawyer if I have ever been tazed I could say yes I have.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one at sams surplus and had to test it on myself and see if it was good or not.
It was not.
Just like a brutal wasp sting.
Friend got one for Christmas that was shaped like a flashlight and I tried it on myself 3 times.
Just a heavy shock like a brutal bee sting.

I think you need to get a real one to do any good or like was mentioned a cattle prod.
I have never been zapped by the police.
I do not have that much fun anymore.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have, for training. By choice I took the darts rather than the clips.

. The cattle prod/handhelds are not the same thing as a taser. The teaser uses Neuro Muscular Incapacitation. It short circuits the pathway from your brain to your muscles. To me the scariest thing about being tased was that your muscles dont work, like you are trapped in your body. You can't breathe even though it is just 5 seconds. That 5 seconds was the longest 5 seconds of my life, the device cycles at several hundred times a second but I felt each one in slow motion feeling non waves go through my body making a electric "wooom" sound. Overall the experience was extremely unpleasant, but I would rather be tased than pepper sprayed. Likewise the teaser is more effective then pepper spray and there's dont have to fight a guy with pepper spray all over them. Generally anyone who has taken the ride will not want to take it again..

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have, for training. By choice I took the darts rather than the clips.

. The cattle prod/handhelds are not the same thing as a taser. The teaser uses Neuro Muscular Incapacitation. It short circuits the pathway from your brain to your muscles. To me the scariest thing about being tased was that your muscles dont work, like you are trapped in your body. You can't breathe even though it is just 5 seconds. That 5 seconds was the longest 5 seconds of my life, the device cycles at several hundred times a second but I felt each one in slow motion feeling non waves go through my body making a electric "wooom" sound. Overall the experience was extremely unpleasant, but I would rather be tased than pepper sprayed. Likewise the teaser is more effective then pepper spray and there's dont have to fight a guy with pepper spray all over them. Generally anyone who has taken the ride will not want to take it again..
When I work with the PD I carry oc spray. We got to enjoy it once before we could carry it. Lucky for my group there was an eye doctor with us. He brought along a little bottle of eye drop that night that we got sprayed. After we got sprayed and satisfied the officer in charge that we got a good dose of it, we hit the shower. After that the doc gave us the eye drops and the burn was gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom