How often to clean a '.22 Can' ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have an SWR 'Spectre' Can and was wondering how often folks clean theirs? I usually clean it 'totally' after every 400-500 rounds, though I do run some brake cleaner and a .22 Bore Snake through it after every use. Is this frequent enough, or is it based on the type of ammo used? I fire it with a Walther P22, A GSG 1911, 10-22's and a Spikes Tactical .22LR Upper and also a couple of .17 HMR2 rifles. Thanx for your input ....

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a SWR Spectre myself. IIRC a little bit of build up actually helps with lowering the level of sound suppression. I have not had to use my pusher tool yet. I clean it before I get to a brick (500 rnds).

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wipe mine down whenever i touch it, clean the barrel every brick or to or if i notice it starting to open up. But i think the only ammo that fouls the barrel enough to notice is that agula super max stuff.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yet have clean my .22 can and had it for about 3 years and ran lots and lots of ammo in it. I run the Gem-Tech OutBack II. This can dose not come apart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom