How to contact your Sen & Rep about our 2A rights and feinsteins proposed AWB,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I copied this from another site but it gives all the information we need to contact them. The time is now people! This can easily be done in about 2 minutes which is far less than all the other worthless posts entered through out the day.

It's easy to think that it takes too long to write your reps, so instead you decide that 2 minutes is better spent bitching about PMAG and AR lower price gougers. Here's my easy to use guide that should allow you to write all your reps in less than a couple minutes.

Real quick, you'll see my letter is short, there's logic behind it. I don't humor myself to believe that anyone that works in DC is going to take the time to read my entire letter, especially if it's a full page filled with ramblings about guns, stats on murder, how I could make kid's safe, etc etc. What they need to know in 20 seconds or less is where people stand on an issue so they can make a mental note where the support is or isn't leaning.

So, #1 step, click on this link and find your representatives, use the pull down box to "Find Senators by State" and you will also see Congressional Reps too.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/

Click on the name of the person you need to contact (Senator and Congressional Rep) and then it will take you to a page about them. On that page it will have a link to their "official page" and when you get to their official page there is always a "Contact Me" link of some sort. Most have submit info forms where you put your name and info and then a comments box. Fill out the required info, cut and paste this letter in the comments area, click submit and you're done. You've now at least attempted to make a difference!!

I've left out any salutations or signature to make it easy to cut and paste. No real need to add them, but you can if you want.

Letter below
------------

I know your time is valuable, in short I wanted you to know that I'm strongly against the "gun bans" or any other new forms of firearms regulation that are being talked about as a knee jerk response to the Newtown school shooting.

As a responsible firearms owner I too grieve for those families in Newtown that have suffered a loss that no amount of time will heal. I pray that they will find some measure of peace.

Guns are not to blame for illegal actions and history has shown that guns have done more to prevent heinous crimes than to perpetrate them. It's been proven in Europe and Australia that further gun laws will not stop evil or crazy people from committing similar atrocities. The previous assault weapon ban that lasted 10 years had no effect on gun violence or crime in this country. To punish the 100 million law abiding gun owners of this county for the actions of a handful of evil men is both unfair and unwise.

I will be watching closely to see how my representatives vote on any new gun legislation and use my money and my vote to let them know how I feel they did representing me.

Thanks for your time.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good one.
I made a few edits and here is one that I plan to use though yours seems good to me as well. Also, a reminder, please write to the NEW congress men, including Mr. Bridenstine, not to John Sullivan. Senators are the same.
I wanted you and your staff to know that I'm strongly against any kind of anti-gun legislation. I grieve for ALL victims of criminal killings, whether by gun, knife, club, chain or other physical force. However, we have tried bans in the past, including limiting magazine capacities to 10 rounds, and they have shown a ZERO effect on crime. In fact, crime has been declining in the USA even after the assault weapon and mag cap ban was lifted in 2004. We are now amongst the safest countries in the world, FAR safer than the UK, Canada or Australia when it comes to serious violent crime. To punish the 100+ million law abiding gun owners of this county for the actions of a handful of evil people is both unfair and unwise.

The previous "assault weapon ban" that lasted 10 years had no effect on violence or crime in this country. It DID cause the democrats to lose Congress.

Along with other 2A supporters, I will be watching closely to see how my representatives vote on any new anti-gun legislation and I promise you I will use my money and my vote to politically punish those who would attempt to de-recognize our freedoms.

Thanks for your time. Please support the US constitution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom