How to donate with Amazon purchases.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So when you use Amazon from your desktop or mobile app sometimes purchases are eligable for a small percent of change to the org of your choosing. It doesnt affect prices on your end. For myself I donate to Firearms Policy Coalition.

On a desktop you go to www.smile.amazon.com (replace your bookmark with this.) and if you use the app on your smartphone Amazon.com: AmazonSmile in the Mobile App you can do this.

On the desktop page just look at the top left and you should see a spot to pick your organization and search for it.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know how Amazon works but I do know organizations like the United Way ear marks donations in advance. You give to say the Boy Scouts or Catholic charities they don’t get more they just use your monies while using everyone else’s money to fill gaps in other areas.

At least that’s what I’m told.

I typically give directly as most money given like this is used up in the paper work and admin cost of the company or next company. You give a dollars and somehow the end user gets 10 cents but it makes them look good and you rightfully so feel good.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program Inc. is on the Amazon Smile list of organizations.

We are an all volunteer organization and only pay someone to prepare our tax filing each year. Funds are used to purchase food, drinks, ammo, blinds and meat packaging supplies.

Pop up blinds are put out a week or 2 before season and picked up at the conclusion of the hunts. We sometimes have to replace some that get old and worn. Sometimes a weather event can damage some beyond repair. Sometimes we have to add more to the inventory to cover the number of hunters.

Meat grinders/vacuum packers, cots for campers (if needed), wall tents and tables are also provided for the deer camps and returned to storage at the conclusion of the hunt.

OYHP has an inventory of bolt action and single shot .243 rifles that are loaned out to volunteers if needed.

ALL Volunteers pass a OSBI Background check each year before being allowed to volunteer around any youth. I believe those are running $21/check now.

We purchase insurance to cover our activities on each private landowner's property.

We host Oklahoma kids from non hunting homes on 3 night 4 day Deer Camp. They are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. We teach firearm safety, how to shoot, hunting and how to process and prepare venison for the table.

We strive to make sure nobody leaves the deer camps with a negative opinion of firearms. Most continue to grow their passion of hunting when they leave our deer camp. Several return to volunteer.

These youth mature at our hunts and will be voters in the near future.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program Inc. is on the Amazon Smile list of organizations.

We are an all volunteer organization and only pay someone to prepare our tax filing each year. Funds are used to purchase food, drinks, ammo, blinds and meat packaging supplies.

Pop up blinds are put out a week or 2 before season and picked up at the conclusion of the hunts. We sometimes have to replace some that get old and worn. Sometimes a weather event can damage some beyond repair. Sometimes we have to add more to the inventory to cover the number of hunters.

Meat grinders/vacuum packers, cots for campers (if needed), wall tents and tables are also provided for the deer camps and returned to storage at the conclusion of the hunt.

OYHP has an inventory of bolt action and single shot .243 rifles that are loaned out to volunteers if needed.

ALL Volunteers pass a OSBI Background check each year before being allowed to volunteer around any youth. I believe those are running $21/check now.

We purchase insurance to cover our activities on each private landowner's property.

We host Oklahoma kids from non hunting homes on 3 night 4 day Deer Camp. They are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. We teach firearm safety, how to shoot, hunting and how to process and prepare venison for the table.

We strive to make sure nobody leaves the deer camps with a negative opinion of firearms. Most continue to grow their passion of hunting when they leave our deer camp. Several return to volunteer.

You have directions on how to donate? I’ve never seen any info about donations to worthy organizations on Amazon, let’s make em pay. Everyone I know selects and pays. Linky?

thanks

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just changed my donations to Oklahoma Youth Hunting.
Thank you for the work you do.

Attachments

• 8ED186B4-9196-4BE8-A668-22FF68E7727A.png
    8ED186B4-9196-4BE8-A668-22FF68E7727A.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 31

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have directions on how to donate? I’ve never seen any info about donations to worthy organizations on Amazon, let’s make em pay. Everyone I know selects and pays. Linky?

thanks
You can donate directly on our website at this link. https://oyhp.org/donate

Is that what you were asking, or are you asking how to select Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program Inc in the Amazon Smile program?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just changed my donations to Oklahoma Youth Hunting.
Thank you for the work you do.
Thank You! It is our pleasure!
*This* alone would be something the vast majority of today’s youth would have NO clue how to do. Kudos on you folks for including it in the package.
Thank You. I am part of a great team!

Latest posts

Top Bottom