How's everybody's garden doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha!

I'm starting from scratch again.

I had my goats out, and well,.... my nanny is pretty smart/stubborn. She pushed the gate open, let all of her girls in to clean it out for me.

I was a little upset, but realized it was my fault for not securing the gate better.

Goats, all you need is curry.

fify.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
spata I think your garden looks great!
badgebunny those cukes will def climb a fence! I use a hog panel for mine and it works awesomely!

I planted all of my tomatoes on their sides like okbassin said to and I was a little worried at first, but man they are really thriving now! I need to spray them or something. There are these weird little bugs that are just wreaking havoc. They are hard shelled little tiny black specks, that either jump or fly? (not aphids) they eat holes right in the leaves and just really do alot of damage and I've already got them this year.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
spata I think your garden looks great!
badgebunny those cukes will def climb a fence! I use a hog panel for mine and it works awesomely!

I planted all of my tomatoes on their sides like okbassin said to and I was a little worried at first, but man they are really thriving now! I need to spray them or something. There are these weird little bugs that are just wreaking havoc. They are hard shelled little tiny black specks, that either jump or fly? (not aphids) they eat holes right in the leaves and just really do alot of damage and I've already got them this year.

Mix up some dawn dish washing soap with tap water. Spray the foliage down, repeat if bugs are not gone the next day. If the bugs are on the underneath side of leaves try and spray the bottom sides as well. It will not hurt the plants.
About a quarter to half teaspoon to a 32 oz spray bottle.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is starting to come along, we really scaled back this year though. It has me kinda nervous.

garden.jpg

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My second planting is coming along nicely... yes, thats the goat pen right behind it.

IMG_2019.JPG

Tomatoes, okra, squash, cucumbers, brussel sprouts, watermelon, pimento peppers, red & yellow bell peppers, and a few blue berry bushes (I didnt replace those).

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mix up some dawn dish washing soap with tap water. Spray the foliage down, repeat if bugs are not gone the next day. If the bugs are on the underneath side of leaves try and spray the bottom sides as well. It will not hurt the plants.
About a quarter to half teaspoon to a 32 oz spray bottle.

Thanks! I will try that. I battled them last year too.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This rain has sure brought some things to life! we just had to sevin dust so no harvesting for a bit. Unfortunately also brought up a lot of grass that will need tended to when it dries out just a bit.

garden 5.jpg

garden 4.jpg

garden 2.jpg

garden 1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom