Hunting at Lexington WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesduncan

New to the site!
Reaction score
Any friendly groups going hunting this weekend at Lexington? I haven't been hunting in many years but am more than geared to go again. Maybe there will actually be some turkey out there this time (not counting me of course)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
lots of birds there but they get a lot of pressure. i used to hunt public land and the further you go in the better. i would also suggest hunting/roosting the birds in the evening. you may get lucky and if not you know where they are in the morning. good luck.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll be out there on Sunday probably. I went out yesterday afternoon and I could hear gobbles in the distance, so I decided to venture off the beaten path so to speak and embarrassingly, got lost. For about 45 minutes, I couldn't find my way out of the brush and trees. I ended up referencing the sun and moving what I thought was north, knowing if I went far enough I'd run into a particular road. It worked (along with some help from some answered prayers) :).

Anyway, I know the general area where a group of turkeys are, but I wasn't able to find where they roost.

charlesduncan

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks. Yea i plan on bringing my gps and leaving digital bread crumbs. I would love to hunt on private land and well after buying hunting gear i don't think i can afford the fees to hunt on private land...

minihawk1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to start hunting, but I'm going to a better gun for hunting first. My question is, is it free to hunt there. Once i get a better gun would anyone that knows there way around the lexington hunting area come with me because I've never been hunting before.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to start hunting, but I'm going to a better gun for hunting first. My question is, is it free to hunt there. Once i get a better gun would anyone that knows there way around the lexington hunting area come with me because I've never been hunting before.

Aside from proper hunting license and tags for seasons, it is free. I live in western Oklahoma so I don't have any experience with Lexington.

Latest posts

Top Bottom