Outdoor range to host an event?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am putting together a "dads day" and I am looking for a good outdoor range we could bring a group to. I am limited in the number of non-family people I can bring to OKCGC. Maybe Lexington WMA range? I would prefer somewhere we could rent and be more private though.

I would like to shoot pistol and long gun. I also thought if we can't find a place, we could do some sporting clays at Silverleaf but I am not sure everyone is setup for that.

We would be looking for a place within 1hour of OKC.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice idea. You may need to know how many peeps to expect. There is a private range just south of Blanchard, Whiskey Bravo Six, maybe, he is an FFL, listed on Gun Broker, Jason I think. Small range, and I don't think it's covered, this time of year, that might be important.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look up Okie Shooters gun club in Luther, Ok. Call and ask them. They have covered lanes. Pistol, Rifle, and shotguns are shot there. Never hurts to call them and ask.
Will do, I guess I could ask my club too haha.

@dlbleak @rockchalk06 have you ever heard of a private event at OKC? Like if we rented the west BR and plinking?

Edit: Emailed OKC to see.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of a private event there. An Eat ‘n’ Shoot has been discussed with OKCGC as the location but it never went any farther than that.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like OKCGC is out of the picture except for an organized shotgun or 22 training. Liability issues.

As far as the EnS, I think if the majority were already members that would be OK. 1 member + 2 guests.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of a private event there. An Eat ‘n’ Shoot has been discussed with OKCGC as the location but it never went any farther than that.
Ive offered to cook something if needed. I know they can host events for non memebers as we did the Boeing veterans event, but I'd have to ask how that was authorized

Latest posts

Top Bottom