Hunting Clubs or Leases?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxandy

Marksman
Reaction score
I am new, have been shooting off and on my whole life but never got into anything more that dove hunting really. Now all my friends that had spots to hunt have either passed away or sold out. So the search to find something reasonably priced that me and my family can carry on with the way of life we all love, and to try and get into duck, deer, and turkey hunting as well.

Does anyone have any experience with hunting clubs, and if so do you recommend them or is trying to find a lease the better way to go. I live in Yukon and something closer to home is better but I understand anything close will be more expensive too. Any feedback is appreciated, have a good day.

Kenny

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve recently seen a couple of leases on fb market place that were priced fairly decent.
Don’t have any experience with hunting clubs.

Roxandy

Marksman
Reaction score
I have no experience with the hunt club, but there are some very viable public hunting opportunities for dove, deer and duck. Either through the general open season on WMAs/OLAP or the controlled hunts. www.wildlifedepartment.com

I’ve recently seen a couple of leases on fb market place that were priced fairly decent.
Don’t have any experience with hunting clubs.
I will check that out thanks.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d suggest looking for a lease. Preacher is in the ballpark on what you can expect to pay, but I’ve seen a couple recently that were around $30/acre. Depending on the quality of bucks and location to metro areas, that’s probably not too bad. If I was going to pay more than $20/acre, it would have to be a year around proposition offering more than just deer, and I would also ask for game cam or glamour shots from previous years. I would also make sure I wouldn’t be fighting to keep cows away from my feeders and stands.

There’s an Oklahoma hunting lease page on FB, and I’ve seen several that looked pretty good on there. I consider this pretty late to be starting to look for a place, but I still bet you can find something decent if you’re willing to drive a little.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I know nothing about this place except for an organization I used to be in had meetings at their location of 66. I think they sold that location but the club is still around. People I have talked to like it but I have ZERO experience with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom