Hunting/Target scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw530

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am thinking of buying a new scope for my rifle (PSL) sometime in the near future. I want a scope that you can use for both hunting and for target practice at the range. Also I am not looking to spend to much for it. The scope that I have now I like it a lot and I think its good (the glass is crystal clear and has a range finder), but its only a 4x and when I' am at the range I have problems shooting at 100 yards just because the bulls-eye is so damn small. The other thing I have to keep in mind is that if I want a regular (top mount scope) Ill have to buy a side rail scope mount adapter and that will run me about $50 and I'll need a good set of rings which will run me another $30. Also My rifle is capable of hitting targets at about 1200 meters, I am not looking for something that will get me that far down I just want something that when I am shooting at target at 500-700 yards I wont have a problem hitting it the bulls eye. The scope that came with the rifle has a elevation and windage turret and I like how simple and easy it is to use, for every extra 100 meters you turn the elevation turret once (without having to unscrew anything) and vis versa. The other scope I thought about buying was this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120639679234&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I also saw some OPSWISS scopes on ebay, anyone ever hear of those? So bottom line is I am looking for a good scope?

bmw530

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
go look at this site WWW.SWFA.com and look at the SS scopes. I own three of them.

Which SS scope do you have/recommend? I went to the website and saw different ones such as the ss10x42 for $300 and the ss39x42 for $600. I really don't know the difference I thought the 10x42 was better then the 3-9x42 then I saw the price and was like never mind. (If you can't tell by now I know absolutely nothing about scopes)

Rhino55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 10X42 is a 10 power fixed scope where the 3x9x42 is a variable power scope. I like the fix power scopes because they are more rugged which means they can handle recoil. The variable power means you can adjust the power. It is good for zooming in on objects along ways away. I have a 6 power on my 338 win mag for elk hunting. A 16 power on my 1000 yd comp. rifle which is a 300 win mag and a 10 power on my M-25 springfield.

bmw530

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I went to the gun show yesterday and I found a dealer selling original Russian POSP scopes. I saw them looked through the glass and fell in love with them so I took one home its an 8x with a 42mm it has the light up reticle and was brand new. I bought it for $300 and I get to keep the nice import look of my rifle and get a good scope, thanks guy!!

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At least you didn't walk away with one of the Osprey scopes in hand. They look and feel impressive but from what I've read elsewhere, when you've said that you've said it all.