Hypothesis on how the U.S. Military would crush a domestic rebellion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More like Hessian mercenaries

i1180.photobucket.com_albums_x410_farmerbyron_7e2a5dd4d5436b55106c25128287a170.jpg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1932 President Hoover ordered General McArthur to remove several thousand of WWI vets who had marched on Washington demanding back pay that was promised by the government but never received. McArthur order then Majors, Dwight Eisenhower and George Patton to remove the veterans. The majors ordered federal troops from a nearby Army Garrison and used machine guns, tanks, small arms and bayonets to rout the veterans. Approximately 1,600 women and children were killed and no one knows how many died on the walk back to their homes.
It can happen but I am more concerned about our current administration than any "right wing" government we may have. Hoover, MaArthur and Eisenhower were wrong and should have been charged with crimes agains humanity, no one has the right to treat veterans of any way in that manner. But sadly, recently they blocked access to the WWII Memorial for one of the Honor Flights taking veterans in wheelchairs, canes, crutches from seeing the Memorial. This very well could have been their last trip as old as some of them were and yet our government blocked access until a congressman personally removed the barricades and personally walked them to the Memorial. Sad but the events of 1932 could happen again under the current administration. This Sunday they are having a Million Veteran March on Washington and I wish I could be with them.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your source for the 1600 killed during this action?

At 4:45 p.m., commanded by Gen. Douglas MacArthur, the 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Howard, Maryland, and the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, supported by six battle tanks commanded by Maj. George S. Patton, formed in Pennsylvania Avenue while thousands of civil service employees left work to line the street and watch. The Bonus Marchers, believing the troops were marching in their honor, cheered the troops until Patton ordered[citation needed] the cavalry to charge them-an action which prompted the spectators to yell, "Shame! Shame!"

Shacks that members of the Bonus Army erected on the Anacostia Flats burning after the confrontation with the military.After the cavalry charged, the infantry, with fixed bayonets and tear gas (adamsite, an arsenical vomiting agent) entered the camps, evicting veterans, families, and camp followers. The veterans fled across the Anacostia River to their largest camp and President Hoover ordered the assault stopped. However Gen. MacArthur, feeling the Bonus March was an attempt to overthrow the U.S. government, ignored the President and ordered a new attack. Fifty-five veterans were injured and 135 arrested.[11] A veteran's wife miscarried. When 12-week-old Bernard Myers died in the hospital after being caught in the tear gas attack, a government investigation reported he died of enteritis, while a hospital spokesman said the tear gas "didn't do it any good."[15]

During the military operation, Major Dwight D. Eisenhower, later the 34th President of the United States, served as one of MacArthur's junior aides.[16] Believing it wrong for the Army's highest-ranking officer to lead an action against fellow American war veterans, he strongly advised MacArthur against taking any public role: "I told that dumb son-of-a-***** not to go down there," he said later. "I told him it was no place for the Chief of Staff."[17] Despite his misgivings, Eisenhower later wrote the Army's official incident report which endorsed MacArthur's conduct.[18]

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1,600?????? Crap, that's not even close to correct. In fact, I don't think any were killed by the Army. There were a few killed by local police, I think.

robinray649

Marksman
Reaction score
Did you just threaten vengeance attacks against civilians? What the heck kind of soldier were you?
No I did not just threaten anybody. What I am trying to point out is if a soldier decides to obey an illegal order such as arresting a persons family that they have to know that there is most likely another soldier that will be doing exactly the same thing to their family and will be saying they were obeying orders. I don't threaten or issue threats.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I am trying to point out is if a soldier decides to obey an illegal order such as arresting a persons family that they have to know that there is most likely another soldier that will be doing exactly the same thing to their family and will be saying they were obeying orders.

Funny that is not what I got from this. Even with the part that BadgeBunny edited out, it seems like your intention is still pretty clear even if it is not a threat.

One thing I learned in Vietnam especially from the Vietcong is that a person's family is a good target if you want to get a message across to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom