I am looking for a good, reliable, relatively inexpensive auto knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome. I live out in the panhandle now. BUT I get to OKC every chance I get. I will definitely look into some of the brand names and models I am seeing here.

Thanks guys.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had Benchmade, Spyderco, Bucks, Gerbers, Kershaw, Camillius, and whole bunch of other brands. I currently have 25 or 30 knives and quite honestly I can't tell much difference from the cheap knives and the expensive ones. I think Benchmade does hold an edge a little longer but they still have to be sharpened occasionally. I've bought several assisted opening Kershaw knives from Walmart in their open box section for 15 or 20 dollars and they seem to work fine and are just about as fast as an auto switchblade. Switchblades are definitely cool but I was always afraid I might be out of town somewhere and forgot I had it, and I'm in an area where they are very illegal.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bought a Chinese microtech halo V clone for $50...been my EDC for a while now and has handled everything ive thrown at it. $500 for a knife is garbage to me.

after reading writeups on knife forums warning about just how close Microtechs Halo V clones were to the real McCoy. that got my curiosity up enough to buy one on Craiglist for $50.

articles were sure right .. the clone was CNC hard anodized aluminum with D2 blade, so performance was all but identical to the real Microtech, which I also have too. weight was dead on at 146 grams. this clone is so close, only a Microtech expert can tell the differences, which I'm not.

everything is laser etched including logo and serial numbers. nothing is substandard on this clone.

so be really careful of sellers on craigslist, etc. etc. selling a Microtech halo V for say $200. it's probably not a real Microtech more like $500 range or a clone which sells new for $45-$50.

in short this Halo V clone not only looks identical to the real one, it also performs well in cutting duties too.
note: in no way am I telling you to purchase a knife that outright rips off Microtech's design.

DSC05885.jpg

DSC05886.jpg

DSC05887.jpg

DSC05888.jpg

DSC05889.jpg

DSC05890.jpg

DSC05891.jpg

DSC05892.jpg

DSC05894.jpg

DSC05895.jpg

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had Benchmade, Spyderco, Bucks, Gerbers, Kershaw, Camillius, and whole bunch of other brands. I currently have 25 or 30 knives and quite honestly I can't tell much difference from the cheap knives and the expensive ones. I think Benchmade does hold an edge a little longer but they still have to be sharpened occasionally. I've bought several assisted opening Kershaw knives from Walmart in their open box section for 15 or 20 dollars and they seem to work fine and are just about as fast as an auto switchblade. Switchblades are definitely cool but I was always afraid I might be out of town somewhere and forgot I had it, and I'm in an area where they are very illegal.

Thanks sir. Good advice

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
after reading writeups on knife forums warning about just how close Microtechs Halo V clones were to the real McCoy. that got my curiosity up enough to buy one on Craiglist for $50.

articles were sure right .. the clone was CNC hard anodized aluminum with D2 blade, so performance was all but identical to the real Microtech, which I also have too. weight was dead on at 146 grams. this clone is so close, only a Microtech expert can tell the differences, which I'm not.

everything is laser etched including logo and serial numbers. nothing is substandard on this clone.

so be really careful of sellers on craigslist, etc. etc. selling a Microtech halo V for say $200. it's probably not a real Microtech more like $500 range or a clone which sells new for $45-$50.

in short this Halo V clone not only looks identical to the real one, it also performs well in cutting duties too.
note: in no way am I telling you to purchase a knife that outright rips off Microtech's design.

DSC05885.jpg

DSC05886.jpg

DSC05887.jpg

DSC05888.jpg

DSC05889.jpg

DSC05890.jpg

DSC05891.jpg

DSC05892.jpg

DSC05894.jpg

DSC05895.jpg

yea man my chinotech halo is a tank for sure. ive absolutely treated it like garbage and it has more than proven itself to me. The Chinese makora clone, however, is horrible in every way. DO NOT BUY ONE...just trust me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom