I am so confused: Sig P239 or Glock 19?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Perhaps you should buy a 229, and have all that Sig goodness plus more capacity.

I will have disagree with you on this. If for a fact that he's looking at another SIG, I would go the new P227. Same size as the P226 to include empty weight, but a double stack .45ACP. I'm looking hard for them to get on the market.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both. I shoot both about the same. I like both about the same. They are about the same size actually, although the Sig is more rounded and actually seems flatter than the Glock when worn IWB. The Glock 19 holds 15+1 and the Sig P239 is a single stacker at 8+1. The Glock is...well, it is "utilitarian" looking at best. The Sig is somewhat more refined in appearance; okay it's a hell of a lot better looking pistol than the Glock to be totally honest. I hate it that I actually like the damn Sig so much cause for what you get in it, at 8+1 compared to the G19 and 15+1 and boat-anchor reliability; I mean; why in the world do I want to hang on to the Sig? Is the Sig P239 one of those gun some guys just have to have but just don't really need? Or is it perhaps the perfect CCW pistol for some guys? Help me out here OSA before I have to go see a shrink over this dilemma!:yikes2:
I don't own a sig but I own the G19. I am completely satisfied with it and if I had the chance to go back I would have chosen the glock. It is very accurate and is so reliable that pretty much nothing is going to stop it from performing. I just don't see how anyone could not want one. Plus the price is good. There is no reason a pistol should cost more than $600.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Sig P228 and Glock 19. The Glock is lighter, thinner, and important to me, more or less impervious to my highly corrosive sweat.

However, the 228 is not going anywhere. It is dead nuts reliable, and very accurate.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to carry the Sig P239 today. It's just a great carry gun for me. Tomorrow, I am going to shoot the crap out of it and carry my Glock 19. It's also a great carry gun for me. I may shoot the crap out of it too. I'll take my PPK/S and a holster for it along too in case I decide I need to carry it home as it is; you guessed it, another good carry gun for me. And I if decide it's gonna launch a boatload of rounds downrange as well, then a nice clean J frame, which I often carry, will get me home safely! As long as I have a purdy holster; I'll be alright, my therapist says.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
trade or sell the 239 for a 228

I might BUY a 228 but the P239 is staying in my inventory. That dastardly Pisson10 is up to no good and trying to manipulate/trick me into selling it so he can get his grubby mitts on it. He probably paid ssgrock to try to subliminally get me to rid myself of the p239 in fact. Hah! you guys can't fool me! I'm smarter than I look!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own a sig but I own the G19. I am completely satisfied with it and if I had the chance to go back I would have chosen the glock. It is very accurate and is so reliable that pretty much nothing is going to stop it from performing. I just don't see how anyone could not want one. Plus the price is good. There is no reason a pistol should cost more than $600.

Unless it's worth it.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I may be wrong, but I'll guess you've never handled or shot a SIG P210.

Unless it's worth it.

SIG's, Walther's, Mauser's, FN's, and Beretta's to name a few are for the most part worth their asking price's!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't want to know what I think rug rat. I have neither in 9mm but in another caliber, so all of our hands are different and as are guns. Well, I have a 239 and a GL32 if that tells you anything. I shoot the 239 best or better but that is because of my hand size and finger length.

As a wise man once told me: I don't give a sh*t what you think...Hah! (Now who could that have been; you old geezer?)

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I'll guess you've never handled or shot a SIG P210.

SIG's, Walther's, Mauser's, FN's, and Beretta's to name a few are for the most part worth their asking price's!

Might not have made much difference Leighton, whattya think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom