I can't hide anywhere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Limited slip.
If I nail the throttle in the dirt it will kick up 2 rooster tails with the 235-75-15 Goodyear wrangler mud and snow tires.
MY 1947 Dodge truck also has a 9" Ford under it and Ford truck springs moved inboard.
3.89 gears on a Full spool in that one.
My Nova I ran 4.56 gears on a full spool and other times a traction lock with 3.70 gears.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent.
It is heavier than my 47 Dodge truck and bigger brakes. 3600 with me in it and my truck is 3280 with me in it.
I have Big GM disc on the front with 12" x2.5" Ford drums on the rear. 9" ford rear with chevy truck springs added.
350" from a 1969 Station wagon and ported 305 heads 10.76 compression, a small cam 268H on a 114 LSA 218@ .050 duration.

RPM intake, ported 600 Edelbrock carburetor. Quick timing curve, 91 octane fuel.
I do not care for the cam but it was an experimental grind.
Thinking of going back to the 268H on a 110 LSA or just stick in another 280H
Ran high 12's in the 1/4 with the 280H cam.

For now it gets on down the road.
I stuck 2.75 gears in the 9" and do not like those so much.
TH350 transmission. I have some 3.25 gears I think I will stick in there.
Towing sweet spot on these 350" engines of mine are in the 2800 RPM area and the 2.75 gear is down from that a bit.
Less rpm does not always mean more MPG. Found that out decades ago.
Everything needs to work together.
One suggestion, put everything down on paper when you make up a Frankenstein vehicle ie Ford this Chevy that and Prius those. If you don't your kids will curse your name when they go to the parts store after your demise.

I love the uniqueness of man's creativity and you certainly stand out from the crowd. I am also proud to call you a friend. As I have said to you before, please do not hesitate to call upon me and my meager abilities to assist you in any way. I am a whiz with burglar alarms, CCTV, and access control.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking we need a new saying around here. Something like WWSD (what would swampratt do) or maybe some jokes like the Chuck Norris ones.
Or maybe a bumper sticker: Swampratt’s car can beat up your honor student!
I have friends that run into car issues and say what would Jeff do.

When I lived in Spencer I had a lot of car friends and one guy would look over the stockade fence(cedar slabs) and holler out MacGyver!!!
Can ya fix my ka.

Yea I can fix it.
He sent a car load of buddies of his to my house one day in a lowered red impala
they had an Olds that would not start across town.
I jumped in their car and left my buddy at my house to work on his own car for awhile.

My buddy said are you getting in a car with them and you do not know them.
Yea they have an Oldsmobile i bet I can get it running and No sense in driving my car.
Willy sent them to me so they're good guys.

Got it going in 5 minutes time.

Lot of nice motorheads out that way.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 1965 Galaxy 500 with 352 and automatic.

all of them from long ago 010.JPG

Bought that at puckets at an auction for 200 and put an ignition switch and battery and new fuel line in it along with new shocks and new tires.
Got a fuel tank from an LTD at pull-a-part with holes punched in the bottom.
Lady at the register said what are you going to do with that gas tank.

I am going to stick it in a car and put fuel in it.
Doesn't it have holes punched in it.
Yea it does you guys punched 3 big ones with your spikes.
How will it hold fuel?
I will weld up the holes.

OH! Yea that will work she said.
Ran great and cold strong blowing R12 and then i painted it white, right in my garage.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was going through the Boston Whaler boat phase of my life we had a forum member from MI who towed his 1970's 21' Outrage with a mid-70's Cadillac full size sedan (V-8, full perimeter frame). He caught so much grief from elitsts but he rode in comfort.

View attachment 397915

I knew lots of Cowboys pull horse trailers through the late 60s, 70s with big Caddy’s, Lincolns and the big Mercurys. And all the bronc and bull riders. Then they went into Vans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom