I had twenty rifles, now I'm down to eight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My best bud gets all of my possessions/gun accumulation on my demise,,,
I'm also in the process of creating Transfer on death (TOD) for my meager but paid for real estate.

He and I have talked about and agree on the reason for this,,,
He has allowed me to be the Crazy Uncle for his young-uns (6, 5, 3, & 4 months),,,
He's also been the one who I know I can rely on when I need a ride to a doctor's appointment.

However he chooses to use the resources,,,
They are to be dedicated to educating those four kids.

By the time they need it some of my handguns will be valuable,,,
That's if they don't shoot them all to death beforehand.

We are going to bring his kids up,,,
In a safe recreational shooting environment.

We actually talk about this a lot,,,
HIs daughter is nearing 6 years old now,,,
He is thinking that she is ready for the Crickett.

Aarond

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too am at that stage of ridding. No one to bequeath them to. Don’t want the wife burdened. Plus I just flat out acquired a big collection, and it was fun doing so. It has been the longest and enjoyable hobby I have had.
Right there with you. I open the safe and say good grief and shut it back. That’s a project for another day

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My kids fortunately all have a love….well at least a strong like for guns although I’m not sure there will ever be a interest in reloading and there’s more than one in my safe for which you either reload or don’t shoot. Gotta admit more than once I’ve thought of selling off half of them and buying myself a really REALLY nice gun. I do have the number of a very reputable dealer (and keep her number in the safe) in the event of my untimely demise the Mrs can give her a call and it will all be handled hassle free. I’m only 55 and plan on being here a while longer and have thought about letting them all choose 2-3 they’d like and just giving them to them now. That way when I go to meet my maker it will minimize the bickering.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, y’all. Allow me to introduce myself. I’m a ripe, old 45 year old who has a large affinity for most things firearm related. I enjoy what I have and your guns will be safe with me. I mostly can’t afford ammo, so I’ll admire the weaponry but they won’t get shot a lot.
I travel most of the state, so I offer a free pickup of any unwanted powder burners.
Adopt me and I’ll take great care of your pistolas, scatterer guns and laser beams upon your passing or sooner if that’s your desire.
Too bad you're so old :D
Mine need to go to someone much younger so they will have a long life in their new home :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My collection is going to be up for grabs to the highest bidder.
Two sons, neither of which can use the collection for whatever reason.
When it's my time to meet the maker, my will has all the sporting goods, guns, farm equipment, tools, etc, to go to the sons in an auction. They get the proceeds.
Divorces have consequences for heirs. If a family has a Wally and Beaver family life, the estate goes to them without question unless they are like the Menendez brothers and eliminate the parents.
In my case, I remarried a younger woman that will most likely outlive me after the first wife left myself the sons for a party life, with me having full custody after.
We agreed that my sons deserve something when at the Lawyer's office drawing up our wills last year, even though she could have claimed everything otherwise under rights of survivorship. She loves the sons as her own, so the decision was not hard to do them right.
It's going to be one hell of an auction.
Hopefully way out in the future! :D

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can echo what others have said in this post about not having anyone to leave my guns too. I also started losing some of my hunting friends and a good portion of my family. At first it was a little bit hard to do, but since it has become easier and almost a game. And by me calling it a game, I mean what are the fewest number that I would likely ever use. So my bare minimum stands at 6

Latest posts

Top Bottom