I have to work on Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The church I attend will holding an abreviated service Sunday morning. I don't really understand a church not holding a service on a major Christian holiday. I guess they will be shuting down for Easter next year.

ItsOnlyMoney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a special service at 10:00 a.m. on Christmas. We normally have Sunday School at 10:00, and Church service at 11:00, but we are just doing the one special service so folks can get home in time to finish preparing meals, etc.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The church I attend will holding an abreviated service Sunday morning. I don't really understand a church not holding a service on a major Christian holiday. I guess they will be shuting down for Easter next year.

Does it matter what "date" the service is held on? Does God get ticked if it's not on the 25th? Personally, I celebrate Christmas and Easter everyday.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blessed Sacrament in Lawton will have the vigil Mass on Saturday the 24th, midnight Mass right around, well, midnight, and morning Mass on Christmas Day - the other Catholic Churches around Lawton will have similar schedules.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it matter what "date" the service is held on? Does God get ticked if it's not on the 25th? Personally, I celebrate Christmas and Easter everyday.

I am glad you celebrate them everyday - which is a wonderful attitude. But personal and public worship are a little different.

God doesn't get ticked in the way you seem to be proposing but one has to examine the reasons for not celebrating on the commemorative dates. One is never required to do what can't be done but if it just a matter of convenience to skip a holy day then that seems to go to motives and intent. The special holy days were established across the year to highlight and enhance, for everyone, great events in the life of the Church. Personally, I think that one "skips" them without good cause at one's own peril.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blessed Sacrament in Lawton will have the vigil Mass on Saturday the 24th, midnight Mass right around, well, midnight, and morning Mass on Christmas Day - the other Catholic Churches around Lawton will have similar schedules.

As well as basically every Catholic Church in the world. However my home parish is moving midnight mass to 11pm for some reason.

But this is a topic that i find funny. Jesus is the absolute #1 reason for the holy day, so why would you not have service in a house of worship? This completely dumbfounds me. Of course this IS Oklahoma where many churches will spend $150k on a top notch B&K P/A setup but yet do not display a single cross or anything pertaining to religion in general.

Latest posts

Top Bottom