I just couldn't help myself. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Took a good friend and co-worker down to the south side SSP today to look at picking up a Mosin. We looked through, he picked one out and finished his transaction.

Then I saw it.. through a gleaming haze of sunlight and smoke, beckoning from the rifle stand... a Thompson Center Black Mountain Magnum..

Okay, so that's a it over dramatic. I did, however make it home with this rifle. It looks to be well used, but the rifling is strong and smooth and the hammer and cocking mechanism is smooth. Both 1/2 and full cock are strong, nipple appears to be in very good shape. Wood is darn near perfect.

Should be a lot of fun to shoot! I've always wanted one of the Black Mountain magnums.

It was a tossup between this and an Investarms .54 Hawken that was in similar condition.

Seems like it's hard to go wrong with a Thompson Center, so it went home with me.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that the other day. You will be well served by that rifle. The thing about TC is there is a lot of parts out there for it if something goes down.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ml1.jpg

ml2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom